Using the tram almost every day I have only noticed tram problems on three occasions in the last four months the main one was about six weeks ago when the problem(wires)lasted for four days

I will say one thing to be honest 95% of my tram use is for pleasure  & is not really necessary (lots of nice pubs on the tram route :):):)  )

But not in Bulwell ;):)

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I reckon you're next Fynger when they reinstall the route to Ripley! Then theres the GCR tunnels from weekday cross to gregory blvd and from there they can shut down all the shops in Sherwood maybe e

Trams would be ok if they had their own tracks, away from the public highway, so that if they broke down, as they do regularly, the traffic flow would be unaffected.. They could be called trains - or

My kids are grown up, so why should I pay anything towards education. Yes, it's a silly argument. If we all chose to pay for only the things we need or require, the country would be in utter turmoil.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's the biggest waste of taxpayers money, apart from the alterations to slab square. Maybe the next bright idea the council will come up with will be along the lines of, knock down Vic center and build a train station. Oops, hope I haven't given them any ideas...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't really know but, I would have thought that a tram with 30,000 people on it would be a bit overcrowded !. And all from as many as 10 tram stop's, wow. Still I suppose they know what they're doing..... After all that's why they were elected. And another crossing over the Trent, surely it would cost more if they went under, that's got to be the way !!!

• Like 1

John Clarke is from Gedling Borough, not the City Council.

The proposed tram route would also use much of the existing defunct mineral line through Netherfield to Gedling, so not that disruptive or expensive, provided the existing bridges are OK to use.

And if it takes a few cars off the congested routes from the north of the city, so much the better.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brew said:

Aah bless.....

Your point being?

8 minutes ago, catfan said:

What's wrong with using the Carlton & Netherfield train stations ?

Oh I forgot, that would be too easy.

The plan is for a Park & Ride. Any suggestions on where you can park anywhere near either of those stations? 

It's funny that that there is so much nostalgia for the NSR, yet so much antipathy toward the tram.

Because Nottm City Council think there is an unlimited supply of money to spend on these stupid schemes when in fact there isn't.

Since the inception of the tram in Nottm it has never paid it's way. losing more money every year, this will only make matters worse.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Rob.L said:

John Clarke is from Gedling Borough, not the City Council.

The proposed tram route would also use much of the existing defunct mineral line through Netherfield to Gedling, so not that disruptive or expensive, provided the existing bridges are OK to use.

And if it takes a few cars off the congested routes from the north of the city, so much the better.

My point being that it WILL be massively disruptive, it WILL be hugely expensive, it will probably overun on time, be over budget and almost certainly never make a profit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Rob.L said:

The plan is for a Park & Ride.?

This is the bit that makes the least sense to me. You drive your car to catch a tram? Thought the idea was to get cars off the road. This is the reason I no longer use the tram. I have to drive 6 miles from home  to catch a tram at Cinderhill. No point. I can WALK 50 yards from home and catch a bus straight to Victoria Bus Station. I could of course catch the bus to Cinderhill and then catch a tram from there, but what is the point?? The bus services are more than adequate and they can go anywhere there is a road!

• Like 2