Their used to be Trams,not going quick,got you from place to place

now there's just Jams,half a mile thick,slowing the human race,

I'm walking,........fings ai'nt what they used to be,...............

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I reckon you're next Fynger when they reinstall the route to Ripley! Then theres the GCR tunnels from weekday cross to gregory blvd and from there they can shut down all the shops in Sherwood maybe e

Trams would be ok if they had their own tracks, away from the public highway, so that if they broke down, as they do regularly, the traffic flow would be unaffected.. They could be called trains - or

My kids are grown up, so why should I pay anything towards education. Yes, it's a silly argument. If we all chose to pay for only the things we need or require, the country would be in utter turmoil.

Right then, been thinking about this, so tram's will ease the congestion! How Doe's that work when they don't have to stop at sequential traffic lights, but get right of way thereby causing Que's of traffic waiting for the slug's to cross the junctions. That's just one example, I am sure there will be more....

Congestion causes pollution, but they seemingly forget that when it's convenient to do so.

Take University Blvd and the ring road, and those surrounding the uni such as Derby Rd and Woodside Rd. Terrible !

Hold on a minute, just so that members don't think I'm being negative all the time about the tram's, I have found a positive point.... When its wet/damp, at least the ABS on the car gets a regular testing, see, not all negative!

• Like 2

I like many thousands of others am paying for something I will never use, I just live to far away from the line.

Perhaps we should do away with all public subsidy and vastly increase the cost of a ticket so that the people who use the service bloody pay for it. It would certainly be fairer all round and lo and behold it might make the users realise just what a white elephant it is.....

• Like 1

It would be interesting to know from one year to the next, just how much they take (profit?) Then balance that against the costs involved in installing it. Perhaps then we can work out how many thousands of years it will take to pay for itself....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The Nottm tram has never made a pofit & is bailed out by the council tax payers every year & the motorist by paying extortionate car parking charges & gestapo type enforcement every year.

Every week there is an article in the NEP naming & shaming those caught not buying a tram ticket, I never see anyone taken to court for not buying a bus ticket.

• Like 1

OK, picture this, a tram crossing university boulevard suddenly gets derailed, due to some inconsiderate sod discarded a fag packet, stray dog, bike wheels stuck, whatever, seconds before Mr or ms lifesaver appears with all blues and two's going full chat, with some poor sod in the back,bleeding profusely, needing heart surgery, holding the side of their face on or whatever, comes to a complete stop because this 100ft dinosaur has blocked his only route to the place of recovery, less than half a mile away. Who is held responsible for the probable outcome!!!!. Said scenario is probable, likelihood possible !!!!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NewBasfordlad said:

Waddo It is only a few weeks since a tram was derailed on University boulevard, bought the city to a standstill

If only White Transit driver had obeyed the red light....

• Like 2

Rob. L yes he really should have.

But accidents are going to happen no matter what, idiots are going to ignore a red light and drive up a no entry onto the bridge at Midland station that is a fact of life.

But it is the after affects, a Tranny can knock a damn great tram of its tracks in an instant and they can't put it back for hours. A tram breaks down at Basford crossings and they can't move it for days. It is just to inflexible in this day and age, the only reason it's there is because of the silly tree huggers stupid demands.

• Like 2

tram.png

Old Gateshead tram to your new Nottingham tram, finished running between Gateshead/Newcastle 1951. This one is at the terminus at Saltwell Park, the road it's on looks exactly the same today.

Can anyone tell me who came up with the idea of resurrecting tram's, or was there a vote/poll  and is/are the person/people responsible still in a job?

Just drain the canals, put the track in, get the tram's down there, then flood the canals, no more tram based congestion!! I reckon I could work oops sorry, I mean be employed by the council to make expensive decisions, 

Started back in the '80s and though I don't remember it there was a 'public consultation' that showed there was support for a 'light rail' system. Projected cost  £65 million. Final cost for stage 1 £200 million Stage 2 570 million.

• Like 2

I do too,  but it's only a general term describing modern day Luddites, who want to preserve things in their current state, to the detriment of progress, by halting sensible advancement. 

A fine line I appreciate.

• Like 1

Public transport stupidity is not confined to Nottingham.

In Adelaide we have just completed a tunnel extension to our guided busway O Bahn costing 93 million pounds.

The tunnel saves 3 minutes on bus journeys from the northern suburbs.

We have just started a 0.7 mile extension to our tram network (1 Line, City to Glenelg, the beach) at a cost of 49 million pounds.

The interesting thing is that the tram was planned to service the eastern side of the city by turning right from the main thoroughfare through the city.

For some reason the government have decided that due to cost this is not going to happen? So if you want to go to the east end of the city by tram you have to go down the main street and then turn left (west) get off, change trams and then head east. As if!!

If you are going to do something do it properly or not at all. Trains should be on the railway lines, and Trams in dedicated corridors away from the general flow of traffic.