Same old 'same old !  About 80 years ago removing the old tram rails from the E.P 17/02/1936

24627626897_257d3c450b_b.jpg

27717975809_79e50f24bf_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I reckon you're next Fynger when they reinstall the route to Ripley! Then theres the GCR tunnels from weekday cross to gregory blvd and from there they can shut down all the shops in Sherwood maybe e

Trams would be ok if they had their own tracks, away from the public highway, so that if they broke down, as they do regularly, the traffic flow would be unaffected.. They could be called trains - or

My kids are grown up, so why should I pay anything towards education. Yes, it's a silly argument. If we all chose to pay for only the things we need or require, the country would be in utter turmoil.

thats handy, not a lot of journalism to do in the future, just need to copy and paste that article, job done.

The original proposal was for Nottingham trams to use part of the Robin Hood railway line to Hucknall

Until Bulwell Depot was demolished the old tram tracks in the depot up to the roadside were still intact, no point ripping them out if they aren't on the highway ! Serves no useful purpose at all.

Nice one Merthyr........I live between Hucknall and Bulwell........and if going to town at busy times always take the tram,.Daughter lives Hucknall and works at Queens.......loves the Tram........as she says driving there would be a pain in the Ass..........bit of banter on the tram.....if you 'so disposed''    read the paper take in the lovely scenery of Basford new and old,Hyson Green..and the Forest.......song there Carnie........who could ask for anything more''........lol

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Merthyr Imp said:

If I don't have a car why should I help pay for the roads you run your car on?

I thought that is what the road fund license (road tax) was for, plus the tax on petrol.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

I don't think car tax and petrol tax go specifically towards roads

But it damm well should do, if it did, we would have the best roads in the world methinks...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1