55 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Now if one bus ran out of diesel the other buses could pass. Not so with trams apparently. :biggrin:

Even the trolley bus could pass a broken down one quite easily!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I reckon you're next Fynger when they reinstall the route to Ripley! Then theres the GCR tunnels from weekday cross to gregory blvd and from there they can shut down all the shops in Sherwood maybe e

Trams would be ok if they had their own tracks, away from the public highway, so that if they broke down, as they do regularly, the traffic flow would be unaffected.. They could be called trains - or

My kids are grown up, so why should I pay anything towards education. Yes, it's a silly argument. If we all chose to pay for only the things we need or require, the country would be in utter turmoil.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Where’s the best place to sit and watch them?

In the garage with the sounds of it Phil

Rog

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I would say it's fairly obvious when driving a tram not to proceed when there's a bloody great truck in the way - it aint rocket science

• Like 1

Perhaps the lorry rolled back as the tram was approaching. None of us know what happened so stop guessing. 

• Upvote 2

Looking at the picture and the position of the pair of them. The last thing I would guess at is  the truck rolling back. The debris on the floor seems to indicate either the tram or the truck were moving forward.

The trucks on a bend so 'tail swing' could have clipped the tram, maybe tram driver had the sun in his eyes (the sun shield is down) and braked too late who knows?

It's quite possible both drivers are at fault.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Why don't they use trams without tracks or wires that are guided by sensors embedded in the roadway. This has capability or reducing the infrastructure cost by a factor of 25 times and much less disruption.

The trams use batteries for power and are silent running. Where is this being done, you guessed it, China

Image result for trams without tracks

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...