• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I reckon you're next Fynger when they reinstall the route to Ripley! Then theres the GCR tunnels from weekday cross to gregory blvd and from there they can shut down all the shops in Sherwood maybe e

Trams would be ok if they had their own tracks, away from the public highway, so that if they broke down, as they do regularly, the traffic flow would be unaffected.. They could be called trains - or

My kids are grown up, so why should I pay anything towards education. Yes, it's a silly argument. If we all chose to pay for only the things we need or require, the country would be in utter turmoil.

a mere dropin the ocean at when put beside HS2 ,millions spent on a white elephant that will disrupt lives and communitys for little or no gain for ordinary folk ,why dont they improve the existing rail infrastructure and make provision for more freight as the HS2 will not be used to carry it ,and then uprate all the local lines to give more capacity for commuters travelling locally between cities, 

• Like 4

So that's £48M this year added to the £47 it lost last year and so on. Is the loss calculated before the £4.8M payback or after?  They reckon on paying it all back by 2034, I think they are dreaming and it will finish up with a huge chunk of it being written off - guess who'll pay for that!

Then again I'm quite happy about it....  I live in Derbyshire  ;) 

• Like 1

I am actually a railway fan but this thing is a bloody joke,not a transport system just a ploy to make contractors and hangers on lots of dosh, spend it on stuff we need ,hospitals etc

It's the second picture I've seen of a tram accident where it has actually left the rails. Looking at the damage it does not look seem to be a major impact so how a does a one ton car knock a forty ton tram of its tracks?

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/25/2019 at 11:23 PM, IAN123. said:

Seems it's not Trams that always have a bump!

But at least it didn't cause major delays!, Just a quick unhooking of the poles, move out of the way on battery and road clear, simples!!

• Like 2
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I noticed this video on Youtube this morning. Someone with no life has visited all the stops on the tram system.

But what's really surprising is that the video has had  34,000 views in just one day. Are there so many people with nothing better to do ?

I haven't watched it !

I was looking at something else on Youtube and this video appeared in the side bar as a suggestion of what I might be interested in. I assume it latched onto me because of the word Nottingham..

Not only have I not watched that video, I've never been on the Tram either.

However at weekends when I was on a 6 week training course in London in the late 60's I travelled every underground route end to end (except the circle Line ! ) and visited almost all the stations. Victoria Line was under construction at that time.

OH,, Brother  B.K you've failed, there's no hope now it's got you hooked.

Were you shouting out the next stop name before the tram got there?

I resisted, I went to Wickes to buy some decorative stone gravel to tidy up my block paving edges.

I wonder if anyone else succombed but won't admit to it?

And no, I didn't have an anorak / backpack whilst on the tube.

• 2 years later...

There were only 2 trams running in Nottingham initially this morning. Due to the adverse weather and problems with defrosting! I managed to get a car started with no problems. What a complete and utter farce!

• Like 1

Trent/Barton buses are being cancelled right left and centre. The latest excuse - 'demisters not working'  

• Like 1