It's the second picture I've seen of a tram accident where it has actually left the rails. Looking at the damage it does not look seem to be a major impact so how a does a one ton car knock a forty ton tram of its tracks?

8 hours ago, Brew said:

It's the second picture I've seen of a tram accident where it has actually left the rails. Looking at the damage it does not look seem to be a major impact so how a does a one ton car knock a forty ton tram of its tracks?

Perhaps the tram was being driven by the Duke of Edinburgh!:biggrin:

• Like 6

Interesting technique with the trolley poles on the NCT trolleybus. Seems to be using one pole on one wire of the 'up' side and one pole on one wire on the 'down' side of the road

• Like 2

See what you mean notty..Canning Circus was quite literally a circus at times..i am reading..talk about tangled up in blue!

• Like 1

A bit ironic

Tram.jpg

Rog

• Like 2

On 1/25/2019 at 11:23 PM, IAN123. said:

Seems it's not Trams that always have a bump!

But at least it didn't cause major delays!, Just a quick unhooking of the poles, move out of the way on battery and road clear, simples!!

• Like 2

Should have said who wait & wait. The bleddy thing is always breaking down. 

• Like 2

Crikey ..... No tram from Monday for 14 days ....... Fourteen days! From The Forest to Market Square essential track replacement.

https://www.thetram.net/summer-tram-track-works.aspx?utm_content=&utm_medium=email&utm_name=&utm_source=govdelivery&utm_term=#SummerTramTrackWorks

On 8/1/2019 at 6:03 PM, radfordred said:

Crikey ..... No tram from Monday for 14 days ....... Fourteen days! From The Forest to Market Square essential track replacement.

https://www.thetram.net/summer-tram-track-works.aspx?utm_content=&utm_medium=email&utm_name=&utm_source=govdelivery&utm_term=#SummerTramTrackWorks

Well now they are stopping the Mango cards from being used I'll be going back to TrentBarton or more likely my car! Not joined up..........