• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I reckon you're next Fynger when they reinstall the route to Ripley! Then theres the GCR tunnels from weekday cross to gregory blvd and from there they can shut down all the shops in Sherwood maybe e

Trams would be ok if they had their own tracks, away from the public highway, so that if they broke down, as they do regularly, the traffic flow would be unaffected.. They could be called trains - or

My kids are grown up, so why should I pay anything towards education. Yes, it's a silly argument. If we all chose to pay for only the things we need or require, the country would be in utter turmoil.

• 1 year later...

I know money is tight for, what some might consider, fripperies but I do think we miss a trick when we build this kind of infrastructure and we resort to "cookie-cutter" designs that could be anywhere. The bridge is going to be there for an awful long time.

I would have liked to see design elements included that would have been unmistakeably "Nottingham".

So any suggestions?

how about a gun, or a pair of over the top high heels? a bridge is a bridge, however am surprised the powers that be didn't bring in some weirdo designer at a vast fee to make something like that abortion on triumph road

Y'mean like the Stonehenge Vistors Centre ?

Have you ever seen such a load of modernist crap !

At least the tram bridge looks OK. Fuctional. Not displeasing to the eye.

The Stonehenge thing on the other hand looks like something scaled up from a matchstick model - with matchsticks propping it up.

£27 million pounds to build an eyesore.

Seems to be a current fad to build things that look like they are unfinished.

yes that visitor centre looks crap, had to laugh re it being a mile and a half away? and only costing £23 millions (was told despite it looking and sounding wrong (to me) by a teacher it should be millions) just thought I'd add that in view of the witch hunt taking place on here re standards etc (innit)

know what you mean re unfinished projects, am looking forward to when Stonehenge itself is finally completed as per the bbc report, should look good with the magnolia anti graffiti artex coating on it, they could even advertise the new adjoining McDonalds on the pillars

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/uk/06/stonehenge/img/stonehenge_416.gif

I would have liked to see design elements included that would have been unmistakeably "Nottingham".

So any suggestions?

Take that photo a few feet to the right and ya got a bow and arrow with that lampost...Robin 'ood innit?...Waddya want better than that?

• 5 months later...

Looking at the tram progress a few days ago in Clifton, there's something which I don't think has happened anywhere else on the tram system. A pair of Clifton houses - built in the early 50s - have been demolished to may way for the line to get through into the estate.

On the left is the gap where the tram line comes through; on the right are two houses which were flattened to allow it.

tram1-3.jpg

I bet the inhabitants of the houses either side of the tracks are enthusiastic about the future noise and vibration.

• 1 month later...

I bet the inhabitants of the houses either side of the tracks are enthusiastic about the future noise and vibration.

Probably no worse the the sound of thousands of cars accelerating then braking between the Clifton speed bumps every 20 yards.

• 4 weeks later...

The Comet was so far ahead of its rivals the Americans,it was a superb aircraft.. Just a pity it was not realised about window size and shape at that time. It was amazing how you could stand a coin on end in the aircraft and it remained steady. We would still be world leaders in aviation .How many of remember the work of Frank Whittle and other brilliant British engineers? (Sat upon by dull unimaginative plodders in the civil service)

• Upvote 3