• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
BIG BUMP!

Come on you lot it's over 2 years and no ones got it.

Some of the newer members WILL know it?

Guesses are allowed.

Thats the Funk Brothers, not really brothers, but a group of session musicians who got together a year or two back to do a reunion concert with some of the greats from Motown.

It was answered on here a while ago cos I read it some one added a link to the reunion gig thing they did

Thats the Funk Brothers, not really brothers, but a group of session musicians who got together a year or two back to do a reunion concert with some of the greats from Motown.

I think you'll find the reunion wasnt with any greats from Motown, but other talent, like Chaka Khan, Bootsy Collins and other non Motowners.................

It was answered on here a while ago cos I read it some one added a link to the reunion gig thing they did

Sorry, saw no reply, had probably forgotten about any reply in another area, its me age?

Somewhere I have the movie/documentary "Standing in the shadow of Motown"

• 1 year later...

Also played on more hits that The Stones/Beatles etc combined:

The Wrecking Crew:

The LA studio musicians , core members included Hal Blaine, Jim Gordon - Drums, Ray Pohlman, Carol Kaye, Lyle Ritz - Bass, Don Randi, Larry Knetchel (just died) keys, Al Kasey, Barney Kessel, Glen Campbell - Guitars many more.

Hits they played on:

You've lost that loving feeling, unchained melody

California girls, help me rhonda, good vibrations etc

Bang Bang, I got You babe...

Something Stupid, Strangers In the Night..

Mr Tambourine Man

California Dreamin, Monday Monday

Witchita Lineman

Be My Baby, Baby I Love You, Then He Kissed Me, Da doo ron ron.

Surf City, Ride the wild Surf...

etc etc, just about any 60's record that came out of Los Angeles!

• 2 years later...

Looking down the list I see the songs 'Be My Baby' etc sung by the Ronettes. They were my favourite girl group in the 60's and I still play their songs today. Their vocals with the Phil Spector 'solid sound' backing made them really special.

• 1 month later...

Well said Ms Jackson,

the Phil Spector 'wall of sound' did a great deal in pushing the sounds of popular music forward.

The Ronettes being the first group to have a huge hit,from his sound.

Spot on Ms Jackson,

Phil Spector produced the 'Ronettes',big hits 'Be my baby', 'Walking in the rain',etc' with his 'wall of sound'.

They never lasted long,was that because Spector married 'Ronnie' and became abusive to her?

• 1 year later...

I thought I'd add this to the topic as it relates to Phil Spector.

This beautiful ballad 'To Know Him Is To Love Him' was recorded by The Teddy Bears in 1958.

It was written by group member, Phil Spector. It was the only vocal group he was ever in

and the drummer, Sandy Nelson was also on the recording. They disbanded after a year.