Growing veg this year?

Online seed catalogues from people like "DT Brown" "Marshalls" "Mr Fothergill's" etc.. I'll take a look at where I bought mine last season and let you know which I used.

• 7 years later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watered & fed it 22 days not a tomato in sight?     

Started to gather and eat a few things. Just salad leaves and radishes so far but broad beans only a couple of days away. Runner beans if full flower in the greenhouse and dwarf beans flowering outsid

I gave up the idea of veg gardening years ago when my son and family took over the last 2 floors of our house that led out to the land at the back. We had an orchard and I started off every type of ve

Started to gather and eat a few things. Just salad leaves and radishes so far but broad beans only a couple of days away. Runner beans if full flower in the greenhouse and dwarf beans flowering outside. Lots of flowers on the various tomatoes too, so we will have plenty of produce in a week or so. Even the Pentland Rocket potatoes are flowering.

• Like 2

I gave up the idea of veg gardening years ago when my son and family took over the last 2 floors of our house that led out to the land at the back. We had an orchard and I started off every type of veg I could but as it was on an upward slope I found it difficult to carry on. Then during the summer when everything was ready it was too hot to do anything. 

Now the only thing we have is a fig tree that I bought for € 1.99 and has at least 10 figs on it already and 3 lemon trees two of which were € 1.99 from Lidl and they are full of tiny lemons. We have herbs in the rockery garden and that suits me fine. Neighbours bring us salads, tomatoes, courgettes, grapes etc in exchange for biscuits and cakes that I make. Fair exchange. In any case fruit and veg are so cheap here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1