just bought a new mobile at asda, £14, it has camera, blue tooth, (whatever that is) radio, you can download music to it, store files, use it as a torch! stop watch, calculator, all sorts, taking it back today to get someone to show me how to turn it on!

seriously, can't seem to put any number with an "0" in it to store, any idea's?

Gonna be the same arguments as we've had with cigarettes for years. Do mobile phones cause cancer? All I can say is that I use mine as little as possible and then mostly on speakerphone.

• 4 years later...

There was a bloke who used to come into several local pubs here and he could do an impression of a phone ring tone without moving his lips.  Took ages for me to spot who it was.  Annoying sod would do it all night long.  Then it stopped.  I'm told he pushed his luck too far and somebody 'put him on silent' one night!  :)

Col

• Upvote 1
  • 9 months later...

Walked in to LLoyds Bank in Bulwell this morning & stood outside was a woman with a phone to her ear talking away, nothing unusual about that but was texting on another phone at the same time !!

Isn't it supposed to be drug dealers and other dodgy occupations that have 2 phones?

Multi tasking in Bulwell eh? I'll keep an eye open for that next week

Rog

• Upvote 1

Having a bowls match to-day two of our player's were late, as I was the only person with players telephone number I was given the job to phone them. Well it went to the answer machine as I thought that they were driving and on there  way. When they arrived I told that I had left a message on her mobie, Oh! I don't bring my phone with  me it's at home.

There's no answer to this  what are mobie's for if not to take the with you?

It might not be their fault. they may have a 'smartphone' like mine - supposedly smart, except it's not.

For something purporting to be one of the technological wonders of the age it's actually as dumb as a stump.

Mine regularly forgets to come out with me and if it does remember takes delight in dialing random people in my contact list just because it can.

• Upvote 2

No one knows my mobile number, used only for emergency use & maps etc. I couldn't do with a moblile always ringing. PAYG & £10 credit lasts forever too.

Me too Mick,last time I put a tenner on my little cheapo was a year last Christmas when we were in Edinburgh

Rog

• Upvote 1

I hate mobile phones but they can be very useful in the world of work and in some cases absolutely necessary, as a for instance I don't know ant letting agency that will employ a contractor unless they have a mobile and an e-mail address. I have two one for work and one for private use, the work one is switched on at 9am and off at 5pm Monday to Friday.

The work phone is a contract all singing all dancing version a great tool for the job. I can access manufacturers instructions whilst on site, take photographs both as an aid memoire and if need be for evidence.