Thinking about going to market square to get a glimpse or if im lucky, say hello to the Queen with my daughter when the Queen comes to nottingham to greet the public in the square on the 13th of June. Is anyone else going?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Crikey Owd Prince Phillips rolls his car at 97 ..... hope that wasn't miles per hour?  

Perhaps Phil will pop in to the Vernon arms for a quick Ouzo...................................as his bladders a bit dodgy

I know a psychiatrist, now retired. To be honest he’s one of the oddest people I’ve ever met. Highly intelligent. Just odd!

Read about this in the Evening Post, it also said they royals will then go to Vernon Park. I wonder what's going on there as I don't expect they're just going to feed the ducks!

Theres some performances going on for them, a school near to my parents house are singing for the Family on their visit there, also registered guests are meeting the queen there, unfortunately you had to register to meet her formally so the public cant attend the visit at Vernon park, could be mistaken, but thats what im assuming from reading The Post.

Perhaps Phil will pop in to the Vernon arms for a quick Ouzo...................................as his bladders a bit dodgy :)

• Upvote 1

i would have thought the arboretum would have been a much nicer park for her madge to meet her public

Well she is arriving by train, so she may well get the tram, classy bird!

May be it goes back 45 years,when the lads went up 'Buck house' to get their gongs, MBE?

Supposedly smoked a 'funny fag' in the lav'.

Refused to share with 'uncle Phil'.

The two flags at the bottom just make the whole thing look tacky. In my opinion anyways....

• Upvote 1

Who's paying for this lot!

Tug Wilson must be turning in his grave!

Why and Why ??

Im all for the queen visiting & im all for the tax money being dipped into to pay for her arrival, it doesnt happy very often at all... But they could of done a better job of it.

I've got my tickets

queencccc.jpg

..This picture reminds me of how much i really dislike new market square. (Wow, alot of negi comments from myself this afternoon) I miss the fountains, even if people did put bubble bath in & jump in it!! (I used to be one of the 'goths/grebs' of market square, one of my fond memories are the foamy fountains!)

Beefsteak

1/ Joke (from yorkshire B/B ad on telly)

2/ Tug patrolled the square for many years, and would be horrified by the lack of bunting for such an occasion!

• Upvote 1

Ah , I misunderstood , I thought you meant he wouldn't have wanted the Queen to come !!

But I'm willing to bet it ain't finished yet !!

(I've got more flags on my house than there is on the Council house !!)

I was just wondering where the bunting was!! Would look quite good going from lampost to lampost high enough so the drunks cant nick it!! I really wanted some bunting for the front of my house, but ever where had sold out a week before & i wasnt paying £7 for fabric bunting that was all of 2ft long.