Anything 'Made Your Day' Today?

Congratulations Stan! We had our first grandchild just 9 weeks ago, a little girl ...... an amazing feeling, I never realised how wonderful it would be. Enjoy the new baby Stan

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just nipped in Co-op, still in uniform on way home from work, to pick a few bits up, came to about 15 quid, this bloke lent over & said “Ill get that your doing a fantastic job & tapped his ca

Gave the garage a clear out yesterday, left my Son's well used, but life in it yet skateboard out the front "yours if you want it" note attached, within an hour it was gone, got this pushed through th

I was in the craft store yesterday, and there was a toddler absolutely screaming her head off as her mum tried to shop. I got to the check-out and the mum was ahead of me, trying to quieten her child.

:biggrin:Stan, how beautiful for you, becoming a Grandfather first time around; he sounds a healthy boy weighing in at 9lbs. It's lovely being a grandparent; I wish you many years of fun ........................

Congratulations to Stan and Lizzie, you'll have many years of fun with them. As they say, if I'd know how much fun grandchildren were, I'd have had them first.

• Upvote 1

Congratulations to both of you ............................... Natural born baby sitters.

Been and bought some holiday supplies + lots more peppa pig stuff for the lady, she's mad on peppa at the moment so she's got another tshirt, swimming costume, socks, swimming bag all with her favourite character on. So Theyv all gone into her new little suitcase then we've got a few supplies, soap powder, cornflakes, snacks etc. This time next week ill be getting ready for bed to leave the house at 4am! Excited :)

Thanks a million for the good wishes, Katyjay,Jackson, and Beefy. From my last recollection of Beefy,I think this little one is going to be a big lad too! (Though not as handsome !!!)

Congratulations Stan and family. Grandchildren are great, all the enjoyment and none of the worries slywink . Our daughter had a little boy a couple of months ago, He is our 8th grandchild and just as special as the first.

Congrats to Stan + the rest of the family! Babies are so precious, I bet your all over-joyed! My daughter is coming up to 2, and if anyone had told me she would be doing such grown up things and acting so grown up I'd of called them liars. I'd love to give my parents another grandchild but the OH says no more for a few years. Enjoy your new little bundle of joy, before they get old enough to choose who the favourite is! (in my case, its daddy... Daddy gets all the cuddles)

Is that your 1st grandchild ,Michael. Hope all goes well. You should send her to Western Australia for her care. I have just been reading their figures,-the best in the world! Stay away from Lancahire though. Thanks also to Pixie,and Darkazana,(what an interesting name).

Today the sunshine has made my day! Feeling vert summery in my maxi dress, got the mother coming round for a coffee as we do every tuesday. Then I might go fill the paddling pool and let little lady have a splash!

My kids at their sports day:-

Charlotte coming 9th overall in the "Run all the way round the school playing field" race. A race that she couldn't even finish last year.

And Our Adam getting a silver in the "Run as fast as you can over whatever distance we feel like making you run" race.

And a Gold in the "Run down the track and put a hoop over yourself , then continue running to the end" race.

Again he did rubbish last year !

• Upvote 1

Going on a two day trip to the US Airforce museum with a real WWII veteran!

catfan, I notice Beefsteak hasn't mentioned the 'Dads Race'...lol :laugh:

.....you mean the `yard of ale` contest?......

They don't have either !

And me with the physique of a racing snake too !!

bowdown Watched 'Imagine' on the telly last night; Alan Yentob interviewing Rod Stewart.

*Archive material showed that the young 'Rod the Mod' certainly had enough charisma and talent and was destined to go places.

A magical moment in musical history was captured with Rod and 'The Faces' on 'Top of the Pops', kicking a football around on stage whilst singing 'Maggie May'; real CRAZY for the time - groups didn't do such things - but Rod did it with style in his plum coloured suit and demi cockscomb hairstyle - refreshing and original. :ohmy:

He's become mellow and philosophical with age; been through many transformations but still a good looking guy with a great sense of humour.

Thank you for the music Rod, have never grown tired of listening.....................

* I believe Rod, at a young age may have been approached by the BBC to be the subject of a film on Mods, does anybody know?

• Upvote 1

I watched that programme too Jackson and had a smile on my face for 90 minutes. Thank goodness I've recorded it too so I can watch again. I just love Rod, what a performer. We were at the Arena last month to see his fantastic performance ....... Only downside was that the bloke next to me caught a football that I'm sure was destined for me!! (And it was signed too)

I used to take time for granted. Now the years slip by faster. My parents are in their 80's with weakened bodies and fading memories.

Baby's I once knew, are now having babies of their own. In short, everyday is now a blessing.....it's the calm before the storm, enjoy it while it last.

Just been to "The Bridgewater hall" in Manchester to see our Charlotte playing clarinet with "The Halle" Orchestra for the first time.............................

• Upvote 1