Anything 'Made Your Day' Today?

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just nipped in Co-op, still in uniform on way home from work, to pick a few bits up, came to about 15 quid, this bloke lent over & said “Ill get that your doing a fantastic job & tapped his ca

Gave the garage a clear out yesterday, left my Son's well used, but life in it yet skateboard out the front "yours if you want it" note attached, within an hour it was gone, got this pushed through th

I was in the craft store yesterday, and there was a toddler absolutely screaming her head off as her mum tried to shop. I got to the check-out and the mum was ahead of me, trying to quieten her child.

Sundaytrikeride2.jpg

A 30+ mile trike ride today took me to RAF Cranwell where I took this picture of my trike with a Provost gate guard in the back ground, After leaving home (Carlton le Moorland) I headed out to Brant Broughton, turned towards Leadenham and onto Fulbeck (the old Skeggy road) picked up the road to Byards Leap where I stopped for a coffee (£1.30) very nice, onto RAF Cranwell to take this picture, through Cranwell village to the A15, headed towards Lincoln but turned off before Lincoln and set my sights in Navanby, down the steep hill towards Bassingham and onto home, time,3 1/2 hours including stops, really made my day because the breathing has not been too good just lately, managed to get sunburnt arms and legs but who cares I had a great morning and am looking forward to next weekend when I can hopefully ride up to Waddington and get a picture of my trike in front of the Vulcan gate guard (XM 507) on the A15

Rog

plantfit:

Well done Rog, looks like you're keeping up the honourable tradition of British eccentricity. thumbsup

Glad you put on another photo of your trike as the first shot was too dark to see its detail.

Hope you're feeling better soon. :)

'If there's one thing that I like, it's a burn up on me trike'.

Gud'n Rog, glad to see you getting about.

What's next Skeggy in 4 hours?

Take care,and don't pick up any speeding tickets. Bryan.

Hi Rog i used to go Karting at Fulbeck i think there is a new track just next door called Fletchers.

I couldnt resist taking my new fishing boat out yesterday it was only 108 deg whew.

Theres a karting track not far from Fulbeck at Stragglethorpe, I'll have a look around Fulbeck on my next outing that way,

Mudgie, Skeg only about 40 miles from home so not beyond the realms of a possible trike ride,

Michael, You always find out about where to go for a coffe when it's too late lol, nice ride around Caythorpe though, rode it a few times,

Jackson, I've had the trike for about 3 years now and clocked up about 3500 miles on it, you need to be a bit eccentric to ride one as they attract a lot of attention and folk want to talk about them and trikers being what they are (crackers) will always stop and answer their questions and talk about trikes all day long, the breathing problem is self inflicted, breathing in all sorts of nasty fumes throughout my working life plus I dont think the smoking helped, fortunately I packed up smoking over 4 years ago and now wear the correct type of PPE when working with or near the nasty stuff

Rog

Rutlandtrikeride008.jpg

This is a group of trikers on a lunch stop halfway round Rutland water, a trike ride with a group always makes for a good day

Rog

Hi Stu,

To start with every part of your legs ache because you are using different muscles to the ones used riding an upright cycle, after a few weeks and several hundred miles covered (not in one go) you start to gain strength in the upper leg and buttock regions, after that you can ride practically all day and because you are in a recumbent position there is no strain in the arms and shoulders, on the continent where there is a lot more recumbent trike and bike riders they are used for long distance touring, in the last picture I posted of the Rutland lunch stop the lady in the front of the picture is currently on a European tour with her husband both on trikes, I think it's a 4 month tour taking in most EU countries. ( there I go again talking all day about trikes)

Rog

Michael,

Could possibly do that, imagine a deck chair on wheels and there you have a recumbent trike, and you've always got somwhere to sit/recline when you pull up out side the pub and the regulars have taken up all the outdoor seats

Rog

Looks a bit like the position that my Kart used to put me in. But the Kart was lower & a lot faster.

I would hurt for a week from getting banged around & the G forces trying to roll me over or rip my head off

Sitting up was a lot easy'er on the body but not as fast.

Received a lovely postcard from Flamborough Head today; it was from my grandchildren taking a relaxing week's holiday in a caravan :biggrin:

My grandaughter aged 5 had written the card; her handwriting clear but all over the place - beautiful innocence.

I shall place the card in my special drawer, full of precious things from the past; Treasure I call it. :biggrin:

well i have had a brilliant day today , first off to needle makers pubin ilkeston for bike afternoon with steves classic bike meets and bar b q lovely afternoon a good chat with friends old and new about 100 bikes classic and modern. left there just after 4 pm of overt o calverton for quick stop at reble rally at the scout camp hundreds of bikes and trikes but mainly trikes too many for me to get round to see them all i would have loved to but too much for me to do so just went and spoke to some of our biker and triker mates we knew were there stayed for an hour or so then back to whitehart for a meal and see friends ash was down again the group modest were on good group but it was so hot we went to sit outside but at least we could still hear the group. only downside was got bit to death by the gnatts i had forgotto put insect repelant in my walker.

• 2 weeks later...

:) The weather forecast says it's going to brighten up before the end of the week and that's made me feel happy: 'Friday's going to be sunny," they say; so I'm planning on taking my grandchildren to the East Coast for the day.

I'm going to clean the car down and get the flasks out of the pantry in anticipation of the journey - it'll be nice to give my grandchildren a treat before they return to school at the beginning of September.

I've saved some money, so I can fill the petrol tank up. We can travel from Nottingham to Newark and then along the leafy lanes of Lincolnshire until we reach our first stop: Sutton on Sea.

Here we'll make for the splendid beach: the sea and sandcastles our pleasure. Lunch at 1 o' clock; I've saved some money so it'll probably be over to the fish and chip Restaurant across the way - 'The Blue Marlin' I believe it's called.

After lunch the children will probably want to spend some time over at the paddling pool. If the weather really does live up to its forecast, the pool will be packed. Screaming and shouting and running about, not to worry this is part of the pleasure: children enjoying themselves over the long, summer holidays.

Mablethorpe's next on the journey - it's just up the road, or should I say just up the beach. :biggrin:

The sands are beautiful here and donkey rides and mammoth ice creams are waiting. The treats are on me; the rides on the funfair to follow later, are on me too. Good job I'm careful with my money, saving up hard out of my pension - treating my grandchildren is one of my pleasures.

If we've enough time, we may travel on to Chapel St Leonards - always a favourite seaside place of mine from back in the 50's, when it was a little unspoilt village. If we manage to make Chapel, that'll mean we'll have made three stopping off points along the East Coast - not bad for a day trip.

Well, I've got it all planned, let's hope this coming Friday is going to be as beautiful as they say; let's hope the sun shines and then we'll have: A Day to Remember Within Our Memories.

PS: Musn't forget to pack the camera to affirm our visit; take some snapshots of happiness to add to the Treasure Chest. :biggrin:

Went to find out when exactly The Organ grinder was opening (Friday 12 noon)for the first time.

And was invited in by the new landlord.

He showed me round the revamped pub.(very nice too)

I even got a small "sample" ;):)

Leaving in a minute to work at the Primary elections, 5.30am to at least 8pm, a long day, but hopefully an enjoyable one. [and I'll be getting paid for it, woo hoo]

:) Lucky for you Katyjay. We're of a similar age. Wished I could get a job but for the last 9 months I've been suffering with labyrinthitis: it's rotten and every day is uncertain bit I'm still looking forward to this Friday.

PS: I've done many long day stints in the past; keep smiling is my advice. :)

I'm so sorry to learn of your suffering, jackson. I must say that I'd never heard of labyrinthitis before and had to look it up on the Internet. They are finding cures for so many things nowadays and I really hope that it won't be long before they find a cure for labyrinthitis.

Jackson, Sorry to hear of your condition, I had a similar prblem last year & my GP adsvised that it may be Labrynthitis, but luckily it proved to be an infection of the inner ear & cleared up within weeks of Antibi's treatment.

Good to hear you stay positive, 9 months is a long time for such suffering, but keep smilin', & carry on treating every day as a new challenge................ :)