Anything 'Made Your Day' Today?

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just nipped in Co-op, still in uniform on way home from work, to pick a few bits up, came to about 15 quid, this bloke lent over & said “Ill get that your doing a fantastic job & tapped his ca

Gave the garage a clear out yesterday, left my Son's well used, but life in it yet skateboard out the front "yours if you want it" note attached, within an hour it was gone, got this pushed through th

I was in the craft store yesterday, and there was a toddler absolutely screaming her head off as her mum tried to shop. I got to the check-out and the mum was ahead of me, trying to quieten her child.

:) Michael, Paulus, Hippo Girl, Stu,

Thank you so much for your kind words; it's a terrible thing is labyrinthitis - so isolating - so it's lovely to receive your support.

I contacted labyrinthitis at the beginning of last December, after a really bad cough and chest infection.

So, never take for granted your health. Treasure it always. It's the Prime thing whilst we humans walk this earth.

Stu, I'll save an imaginary seat for you and you can join the grandchildren and myself in the Fish and Chip Restaurant, 'The Mermaid'. :)

• Upvote 1

:) A Juicer For Me:

Shopping at Bulwell yesterday I visited Tesco, the Super Market. Had a wander around upstairs and took a look at the kitchen equipment.

I came across a Kenwood Juicer and being an artist was intrigued by its design: the mechanical base, silver coated was shaped like a small chair; inserted into this was the plastic container for fruit; a tap was on the front of the container with the word 'Smoothie' written in red and at its back was a sturdy handle to grasp.

Designs these days: I don't know whether it's my imagination but could there be such a thing as subliminal manufacturing?

Anyway, I was sold; price of Juicer: £30. There was a Food Processor too that I had my eye on; Price: £30.

Juicer and Food Processor both £30 - unbelievably cheap! Both items designed for light work in the kitchen; kitchen ease for the busy cook - what could be better?

Anyway, I bought the Juicer, despite its kitsch design; considered it a handy thing to have, especially as on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturday afternoons, fruit is sold cheap at the end of the day, on Bulwell Market.

PS: I rather fancied the Food Processor............ :) I'm saving my pennies!

hope you enjoyed your day jackson i was also down the coast yesterday for the day ,headed for skeggy stopped at winthorpe for fish and chips shered a portion between us ate them sitting looking at the wind turbines nice warm day had car windows open. then off down to chaple to yabba dabba doos shop found what we were looking for none to be had in skeggy the other week then off we went down to mablethorpe had a coffee a little walk and my game of bingo so off we go back to the car sat outside her little shop was seaside lady so off course i had to say hello sat chatting for a while, told me she had only talking about me that morning to dave goodband no wonder my ears were burning. then off back home after a bit of a catch up headed back home via louth wragby called in to see my sister in cherry willingham but she was not home so came back home got home about 7.45 pm was surposed to be going to rock and roll night but was too tired had a banana and bread and butter a drink of milky hot chocolate and went to bed. was asleep before 10pm but was rudely woken by youths throghing bustbins about on the st about 10.30 took me ages to get back to sleep again. today we had a run into derbyshire ended up in matlock cup of coffee and a bacon butty.

we were perhaps in mablethorpe at the same time got there about 2.30pm and left a little after 5pm weather was great.

went down to mablethorpe had a coffee a little walk and my game of bingo so off we go back to the car sat outside her little shop was seaside lady so off course i had to say hello sat chatting for a while, told me she had only talking about me that morning to dave goodband no wonder my ears were burning. then off back home after a bit of a catch up headed back home via louth wragby .

You're a legend, Babs.

Many happy memories of stopping off at Wragby half way home. Me and my former partner used to stop off there, half way home, every time we came back from Sutton - usually on a Sunday evening. We made great friends with the locals there, were invited to barbeques and even on holiday with some people! Warm Lincolnshire folk and even warmer memories.

must admit stu i do enjoy my days out. with any luck i will be going to mods and rockers afternoon at forest town near mansfield tommorow afternoon if the weather stays dry . but i am trying to make the most of getting out places while i can. i never know when i am not going to be well enough to get out and walk even with my walker for short distances, but hopefully by next summer i will have my own mobility scooter,and will be a lot more independant and will always have my own seat with me so not get so tired and not in so much pain at the end of a day or afternoon out.

one off my good days mick and my walker certainly helps me much better than the two sticks plus people dont trip over or kick your sticks

:) Stayed up late last night to watch 'Soul Boy': a coming-of-age drama set in the 1970's Northern Soul underground music scene.

Thoroughly enjoyed; film skipped along innocently until it met the occasional heaviness: drugs and violence.

The backdrop of Northern Soul classics much appreciated.

Wish I was young again, if only to attend the Northern Soul venues; the way those young men twirl is a wonderful sight for the eyes. Where were the girls, that's what I would like to know? - perhaps modesty kept them away from the twirls. Come to think of it, if the girls had joined the boys twirling, that would have been more than a truly wonderful sight for the boys out there! Naughty, naughty! :Kiss:

Went to Broadway to see Soulboy when it came out. It's a decent representation of the Northern Soul scene of the time and the clothes are spot on! The soundtrack is fantastic of course.

The only mild criticism I'd offer of it is the silly 'dance-off' between the two protagonists near the end!

its that time of year again busy busy busy what with that and hospital visits and all the test they been doing on me not had a lot of time to post but have been on for a look to see what every one is up to. you know what its like when you have bad days jackson and have been having a few of them recentlyone reason i have not done much about kats memorial tree but nows the time to think about looking at the garden centres so if anyone is still interested in making a donation pm me and i let you now details of were to send money orders to, as need to buy and get things planted in the next couple of month seems to be the best time to do it

:) Had a Lovely day out yesterday, considering I was visiting a Hospital: Kingsmill, on the outskirts of Mansfield - first time I'd visited.

Much impressed by its futuristic design: the sun shining through the vast windows and warming the wide and spacious place.

Colourful, informative and historical vast posters - reading matter - were displayed on the walls.

A Hospital designed to give Hope and Faith to the sick - all of its Staff, so vital.

On my return journey I so easily caught a bus outside of the Hospital but was dismayed to see that the bus shelter had been vandalised: shattered glass lay all around; a mindless and callous act, I know what I would have done with those responsible!

At Mansfield Bus Station, a 'Stagecoach' bus was waiting; "Yes of course we'll accept your bus pass lady," said the bus driver, "step on board". 'Yip crack a way' and the long, vast bus glid along the sunny country lanes, making Nottingham Victoria Bus Station in 40 minutes!

:) Faith In Humanity; I'd like to say A Huge Thank You to those people who made my day into something special:

* The Lady working voluntary at the entrance to Kingsmill, who eagerly gave me directions to my designated clinic.

* The prompt, excellent and thorough diagnosis that I received from my Doctor.

* The bus driver who made the journey home speedily yet safely.

'Anything Made Your Day Today?' :)

Just received an email from a lad I used to play with as a kid. My eldest brother met his sisters at the school reunion in March and I've been writing to one of them since. She passed on my latest email to her brother and he's replied. Oh what memories it evokes, he's talking about all the street games we played, including one I'd forgotten about, Hopping Sailor.

:biggrin: Yes, I'm Smiling:

Last night at my Writers' Club, I won a bottle of Champagne on a raffle ticket costing £1.

I had a choice of: chocolates (Thorntons), books or attractive drinking mugs but I fancied the Champagne - I knew it would give me a lift.

I've put it away in my pantry. It's going to be a terrible temptation not to open it and drink it all on my toddy - something tasty to eat to accompany it. :biggrin:

Still, if the Sun's shining (what I love best in the world) and there's good music playing on Radio Gold, popping the cork is something I'm not going to be able to resist. :biggrin: