Anything 'Made Your Day' Today?

In sentencing two murderers at Crown Court...

The Judges Comments:

Defence counsel: "As my Lord is aware, the starting point for sentence in the this case would be 15 years"

His Honor Judge: ... "Thank you Mr..... you are correct, but the starting point, not a finishing point"

That's my kind of judge !!!

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just nipped in Co-op, still in uniform on way home from work, to pick a few bits up, came to about 15 quid, this bloke lent over & said “Ill get that your doing a fantastic job & tapped his ca

Gave the garage a clear out yesterday, left my Son's well used, but life in it yet skateboard out the front "yours if you want it" note attached, within an hour it was gone, got this pushed through th

I was in the craft store yesterday, and there was a toddler absolutely screaming her head off as her mum tried to shop. I got to the check-out and the mum was ahead of me, trying to quieten her child.

Catfan, if that's your kind of judge @ 151, then what sentence/s would he allocate to a vast extortion racket where tactics included: lies, slander, theft, bullying - and that's just for a starters?

:) This Topic is about Happiness. Best get on with the day now, the sun is shining beautifully - what more could I ask? :)

PS: And what's more, it doesn't cost anything! God Bless you Sunshine. :)

:) Stephen, regarding your posting @ #154: You've got the message. :)

:biggrin: Sun is shining beautifully, best get on with the day. :biggrin:

Happy the Man

Happy the man, and happy he alone,

He who can call today his own:

He who, secure within, can say,

Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today.

John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

:biggrin: Yes, I'm Smiling:

Last night at my Writers' Club, I won a bottle of Champagne on a raffle ticket costing £1.

I've put it away in my pantry.

:biggrin:

Get a bottle of Absinthe to mix with it they go well together & a lot better than Bucks Fizz. :);)

yesterday i recived a cheque from katajay thank you very much kath will keep you informed as soon as i buy a tree or bush but looking down the garden centres at the moment it looks like it will be october before the new stock start commng in ready to start planting and and flowing next year. spring summer but have had a few sugestion made at various garden centres i have been too .

have taken some cuttings from my sisters trees too and waiting to see if they take root left them in bottles in her garden for now,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

had a good week this week got my new car monday afternoon and yesterday recieved my cheque for returning old one in good conditionfull amount £250 pounds that was nice.putting it towards our ruby weddingcelerbration at the end of december.

Tell you what didn't make my day today, my 2nd flat tire in 5 days! Different tyre each time. Hope this is not something that comes in 3's.

• 4 months later...

:biggrin: Sitting on the bus going into Nottingham today, halfway up Alfreton Road my eyes met with an unbelievable and wonderful sight, for the old Jersey Kapwood factory had almost been demolished!

The building / buildings that will follow, could only be an improvement on the ugly monstrosity that this once prosperous lace factory had become.

PS: Happier times were, when my grandfather worked there on the lace machines and took we youngsters regularly to the Annual Christmas Party that the Kapwood family so generously laid on for its employees and their families. :biggrin:

I used to deliver the Sunday joint to the Kapwlovich household in The Park in the sixties.Fifty years ago maybe...but it was like entering a time machine.Delivery to the kitchen full of Victorian pine furniture...a housekeeper and a set of servants bells straight out of Upstairs Downstairs.

How the other half live...

bellsg.jpg

when dave worked at bell fruit in the 80s they used to have partys at the hill side club i was one of the helpers as it was all run by volutier helpers plus a few staff members then as people started dropping off i sujested that we take the children to the pantomime instead as this took less voluntiers. and i help with that for 4 years before they made dave and a lot of other staff redundant and they stopped doing anything including staff christmas parties to save when we went to the pantomine at least 100 seats plus i adult to every 6 children.

parents would bring them to the teatre and pick them up most would stay in town either christmas shopping or just going to the pub with therir mates while kids in the pantomime.

• 3 months later...

I took my daughter into town today. figured it was nice out for once and we could do with new summer clothes.

my daughter is obsessed with spongebob and I managed to find her some spongebob colouring books + I got her some new crayons.

well... the following shop I thought I'll let her have a walk, forgetting the reigns she was being nice and holding my hand, when bam, she wanted to colour in on the shop floor, I said no and that was it. 15minsni struggled with her screaming, trying to run away, shouting, she threw her self on the floor and whenever I tried to pic her up she bit me!! so humiliating, people were looking, a woman told me I need to learn to control my 'off spring' (shes only just started this tantrum phase and I hate it already)

a woman and her daughter came from no where and started trying to make her laugh and stand up... then she told me to hold her in the pushchair, after the woman convinced Paige to sit in it and she strapped her in while I held her. she then took a milky bar out of her bag (unopened) and gave it her, gave me a hug and said I know how you feel! take care.

that woman made my day, she was only about my age wich shocked me a bit. but its a shame I don't know her to thank her properly.

• Upvote 1