Anything 'Made Your Day' Today?

Yes it was great and amazing the sound that Keith and Ron make with what seems barely any effort and no bum notes . Mick still lean and though practically 70 , still has the moves . A few comments on Twitter thinking that Earl from the Wonga ads was on drums , but thats just cruel ! :

9173596508_98c1529ece.jpg

For those that can receive it , its repeated here .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b036pjjy/Glastonbury_2013_The_Rolling_Stones/

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just nipped in Co-op, still in uniform on way home from work, to pick a few bits up, came to about 15 quid, this bloke lent over & said “Ill get that your doing a fantastic job & tapped his ca

Gave the garage a clear out yesterday, left my Son's well used, but life in it yet skateboard out the front "yours if you want it" note attached, within an hour it was gone, got this pushed through th

I was in the craft store yesterday, and there was a toddler absolutely screaming her head off as her mum tried to shop. I got to the check-out and the mum was ahead of me, trying to quieten her child.

Something just made my day! It's gone 1am... And I was just outside getting a hedgehog! I had been watching it for a while, then I saw a fox do its 'im gonna get you and eat you' watch/walk, so I grabbed an old bath mat and got the poor little thing, and popped him in my back garden with slugs and catfood & a few morio worms (similar to meal worms just fatter) I do want to keep him now, but I know I can't, I had to fight the temptation in putting him into my empty 6ft hutch!!

• Upvote 2

Taking my handicapped friend, who is in a wheelchair, out every Saturday night for his beer and pizza. The time we spend together is the best part of the week for both off us. You should see the smile on his face when I enter his house, the glow on his face, and sparkle in his eyes.

Heart to heart and soul to soul - laughing together for a few hours!

• Upvote 2

TYFANS, you remind me of the early 60s on Bunbury Street the Meadow.

My mate had a new neighbour who had a son. We knocked on the door and his mum came first, then he crawled round the door frame.

We ran away laughing as kids do. We eventually started taking him out down Trent and the rock Gardens.

He was disabled and could not walk, and we enjoyed seeing him enjoy the outings. I think his name was Edward,

and had what we now know today as Cerebral Palsy.

• Upvote 1

:biggrin: My day was made today when I noticed the Honeysuckle that I have been growing for a few years rewarded me with its first blossoms.

Here's hoping for the sunshine; then the trellis that it grows around will be a sight for sore eyes - there's an old saying for you. :biggrin:

PS: I've made 2,300 postings up to now - could this be my lucky number? - hope so.

• Upvote 1

Remember the post i sent about the hedge hog i rescued at gone 1am? Well tonight i hear a huge thud and my fire shakes... i forget it for abit till i can hear a bird flapping. So i took my fire out (Its one of those nice little council surrounds so the fire and surround luckily just slides away) and i see through my all of 1ft all round hole theres a MAGPIE in my chimney breast. funny enough i turned to my partner and said.. you know if thats a magpie.... well we rang numorous places to see if any help can be provided to rescue him as he wasnt gonna fit in the hole i had in the wall already. I managed to pluck up the couridge, stick on some gardening cloves and get stuck in, i had to hold his feet as he kept sitting on my hand, grab his wings and his body and squeeze him through, luckily no broken bones or injuries, just abit shocked, he flew off strait onto the church roof behind my house, gave himself abit of a clean and went on his merry little way,

thats two animals iv rescued this week, im sure theyll be a 3rd!

• Upvote 1

Went to a shop that has closing down sale, this afternoon, and I brought, 4, 60cm Terra cotta flower troughs, 6, 70CM Terra cotta plant tubs, and a pair of green Hunter wellies all for 85 euros ............That made my day.

If I want to the local garden center,1 trough costs 28.95 euros (The troughs and tubs are the heavy decorated sort) and the wellies are expensive like in England..

Oh go on then.
I broke a fishing reel a couple of weeks back , with my birthday money from last week I decided to treat myself to a new one. I got a good one on reserve and collect from The Stockport Branch of Go Outdoors (Should have been 53 quid, on offer at £16 including 14lb line !) only for them to tell me they were out of stock.!
So I tried to get one on home delivery to discover that orders under £80 were subject to a fiver delivery, still it was a good price so I went ahead and ordered it, when I got to the check out I realised my discount card had run out too (another fiver), but I knew that i would use that again (Just a few times) so I proceeded to checkout all the same, to be charged a fantastic total of

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

£16 ........Go figure !!

So needless to say I proceeded with the transaction.

Result , one 53 pound reel, at least 6 pounds worth of fishing line, one deliver charge, one years discount card , all for the princely sum of 16 of her majesties finest pound notes !!

Made my day? I'll say so !

We got a dog! His name is George, and he came from a rescue kennel near here. He is part Rottweiler, part lab, and who knows what else? He has a VERY mild disposition but needs some adjustment to getting used to living with a human pack - he was found, with a brother and two sisters, kept in a crate and has really never been exposed to people who care about him.

He spent his first night at home last night - and never made a single sound all night - he slept happily in his crate. The crate is in my office, and he is lying there, with the door open, as I write this! I think we are going to be great friends!

George001_zps3042184c.jpg

• Upvote 2

Hearing from friends I haven't heard from in quite awhile.....all good news, and just glad to be alive today.

My son came back from the fire last night, woo hoo. I'm not sure why he only had a short stint there, I'll find out more today at the BBQ at his house. He was going to miss this, but now he won't have to. The fire was 45% contained yesterday afternoon, perhaps the rain had something to do with it.

• Upvote 2

, I'll find out more today at the BBQ at his house. He was going to miss this, but now he won't have to.

I love a man who brings his work home with him.

Glad to hear he's OK, tell him our hopes and prayers are with him and his lost crew mates and their families.

• Upvote 2

So happy to hear you'r son is home safely Katyjay,enjoy you'r BBQ and when its over i hope you get some rain(i don't usually wish rain for anyone,but in this case i think it is well needed),We are thinking of you all out there,keep safe.

• Upvote 1

Ditto for me too - so glad to hear your son's back home - and the BBQ is a go!

Prayers Answered - thank you.

Good news Kath, you must be relieved.

made my day when I got a surprise visit from Beefsteak and family, we sat in my garden watching a Red Arrows air display and part of the Vulcan display from Waddington air show, my how Adam and Charlotte have grown since I last saw them, thanks for the visit mate

Rog

Same to you and Rose mate, thanks for the brew , and sorry we disturbed your "Tour de France" session.

Made the day complete that, Frooome winning 'Le Tour' stage and 'The Lions' kicking some arses in the rugby !!

unionflagunionflagunionflagunionflag

Went out with my girlfriend Brigitte this afternoon. Rowed a boat around a moor (little pond) here. Sunshine, beautiful weather, and ate dinner outside at our favorite place for a few hours.....today will be one to remember....my wish - that all of the rest of you here had a great day too.