Anything 'Made Your Day' Today?

Today, I went shopping at my local Co-op.

In front of me at the check-out was a lady with two loads of shopping. I was struck by the olive green cardigan that she was wearing - a true home knit it seemed.

The queue behind me eventually became longer. When it was time for the lady in front of me to pack her shopping, a tall, black, elderly gentleman appeared suddenly from the back of the queue, to the front of the check-out counter.

Immediately, he took hold of some of the Co-op's plastic bags and proceeded to pack the lady's shopping for her. The lady looked on in disbelief at what was happening but I thought it a very kind and considerate act; the man was truly a Gentleman. :)

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just nipped in Co-op, still in uniform on way home from work, to pick a few bits up, came to about 15 quid, this bloke lent over & said “Ill get that your doing a fantastic job & tapped his ca

Gave the garage a clear out yesterday, left my Son's well used, but life in it yet skateboard out the front "yours if you want it" note attached, within an hour it was gone, got this pushed through th

I was in the craft store yesterday, and there was a toddler absolutely screaming her head off as her mum tried to shop. I got to the check-out and the mum was ahead of me, trying to quieten her child.

Not so unusual to see teenage kids help in that way,nice to see they are not all 'delinquents'.

They also use the term, 'maa'm and sir' when they speak to their elders, a sign of respect and good manners.

As for me, waking up and not being in pain.

Recently, Julie was going to the Co-op for some shopping and was forced to walk around a bunch of yobs playing football amongst the cars. As she was leaving the Co-op with her bag full of shopping the bag suddenly burst and the shopping went all over the car park. Without a second's hesitation, the yobs dashed to the shopping and ......picked it all up, and carried it to her car for her. Nice one lads!

It's so easy to make someone's day, all you need is a little bit of thought for others such as holding a door open, saying please and thank you or even noticing when someone has had a hair-do. All too often bad manners spoil a day, a trip or event for many people.

• Upvote 1

:) 'It's so easy to make someone's day'; I'll say Compo:

For this morning I received a phone call from Mudgie in Florida. He and his wife are friends of mine and it was good to hear that they are both doing well.

As a young girl, I used to think that America was a million miles away; now it could be just around the corner. :)

Got to agree with your approach to every day Jackson. It's all about being positive, finding the good in everything that happens, and the people involved, I always try to remember what me mam said...............

There's more good people than bad people in this world, and even the bad ones mostly change for the better, once they find that being bad alienates others & makes you grow old lonely......................very philosophical my mam, especially when she'd been at the Warninks!!

What makes my day......................just being alive, & knowing I'm loved :) :)

PAULUS, thanks for your posting #10. I can see that some of your mum's philosophy has rubbed off on you. :)

And thanks once again for reminding me of the beautiful piece of music: 'The girl with the sun in her hair' by John Barry; the talented composer that he was, deserves remembering. :)

\snip\ being bad alienates others & makes you grow old lonely \snip

My ex boss is currently doing the quote above. There's been three retirement and leaving parties recently - she wasn't invited to any of them. I went so far as to explain why she wasn't invited to mine and received no reply. For ten years she cried on my shoulder not understanding why none of the awful people she met liked her. One day I asked her (in private) to apologize to one of the junior staff for the way she spoke (screamed) at her. That was me reported for bullying. you can't help some folk.

Now to make everyone's day - I'm going to shut up

:Friends:

Jackson, my mum had 4 kids, all born 5 years apart............................obviously a bottle of Warninks lasted 4 years & 3 months ....................

1941- Peter

1946-Vonny

1951-Paul (smee)

1956-Teresa, known always as 'Trump'......................need I explain? :blush:

Hi Paulus, I can see now that you've bin a good 'un and answered my question.

So we can determine that she had at least four bottles - ' a baby in every bottle' remember - and what d'ya say to her having an extra one for good luck!

My mum liked Advocaat, she always had a bottle at Christmas; my sister and I would often be given a tot - we'd make it last for ages! :biggrin: ,

not today but on wednessday night went to m.f.n. for the night a good night but what really made my night was when a friends step son age 6 and autistic who i have only met once before came over to me put his hand on my walker and started singing yoll get by with a little help from your friend that really made my night thank you james. mum sez your hounered he dond take to most people.

• 3 weeks later...

iv only been up little over an hour but when my daughter woke, I picked her up and she gave me a sloppy kiss on the face! (she kisses by lunging at you with her mouth wide open haha) well, that made my day already :)

aye! baby is crawling and toddling about so I never get a chance for labtop or computer and at night when she's in bed there's allways something to do, I'm in bed by half 10! so I thought I'd come log in via my phone and see how your all doing :D I got my new phone so its easier to see the forum on its browser, ill be more regular on here now :)

Seeing the daily weather forecasts and seeing rain again..... The droughts far from over, but getting rain most afternoons!!! I can put up with the discomfort of high humidity and high temperatures, just to see the end of a very long drought, was getting a tad worried my well would dry up.

My well is full to the brim - any more rain and it will turn into a geyser!

Awh Michael, glad to be cheering someone up :) I'm at my happiest knowing iv made someone at least smile that day!

• Upvote 1