Anything 'Made Your Day' Today?

One of mine had a tantrum phase. It is quite normal and I don't think there's much you can do about it. My youngest had a tantrum in a supermarket and as I dragged him out (He wouldn't stand) an old lady attacked me with her umbrella! When I got home my wife said she would have bashed her back!

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just nipped in Co-op, still in uniform on way home from work, to pick a few bits up, came to about 15 quid, this bloke lent over & said “Ill get that your doing a fantastic job & tapped his ca

Gave the garage a clear out yesterday, left my Son's well used, but life in it yet skateboard out the front "yours if you want it" note attached, within an hour it was gone, got this pushed through th

I was in the craft store yesterday, and there was a toddler absolutely screaming her head off as her mum tried to shop. I got to the check-out and the mum was ahead of me, trying to quieten her child.

I began to build a brick barbeque today. It has been sunny all week so I started with enthusiasm. By the time I reached the fourth course of bricks it began to rain - heavily. That has really made my day!

no2

Just found a 24' sailboat I may be interested in buying - right here in the village!

day just got better! today proves me humans aren't all that bad at all.

ordered some Things for my daughter off the internet and I'm sat here wondering where my stuff is as it was due back in April! I found out I didn't change my address... so I popped over to my old house, it felt bizzaarr knocking on my old front door, and standing in my old living room. the new tenants were nice enough to save the items in the hopes they could get them to me, apparently they were trying to find me on facebook to contact me. how ohnest of them, packaging wasn't even opened and they had the stuff for almost a month.

Yesterday was a feel good day for me. I had been training to gain my PTTLS certificate, which is a teaching qualification. The class had to give a 25/30 min teaching session on a topic of our choice. My topic was " A Lace Market Travelogue ". I put together photos, maps, books, and Bygone supplements. I spoke of the history of the Lace Market from Saxon times up to the Industrial Revolution, where I gave a more in depth history of the lace industry, Nottingham's architects and their buildings etc. I finished off with a guide to other places of interest and places to have a drink and eat. Well, when I asked my assessor how much time I had left it was nearly up!!! I didn't want to shut up!! The outcome was that my group all gave me positive feedback, with one or two actually asking me for maps and more information, stating they really enjoyed it and that they would love to visit the area......that really made my day.

• Upvote 2

:jumping: I just received a text from my daughter and granddaughter stating,

We are staying at your's tnite

End of

Deal with it

That has changed my plans again,but nothing could make my day happier.

• Upvote 1

The sun is shining in Scotland. It's warm and we have the day off......priceless :-)

awh Carni, what a lovely suprise! was gonna pop into my mums but the bloody cars decided to play up! alternater keeps going awoll and power stearing cuts off so decided its best off goinf strait home.

spend a nice day at the car show though, what made my day was finally meeting up with a good friend now that she's made a recovery from her lung transplant, and she's looking ever so well!

The sun is shining in Scotland. It's warm and we have the day off......priceless :-)

I thought you lived in Lincs?

Lols yes we do in the winter. Work for camping and caravanning club in summer. In scotland for this season:-)

radfordred, I was also at the Forest v Liverpool game and stood behind the goal (to the left) in the Trent End. It was where I always stood when attending a Forest game. I think it was that game when the Liverpool supporters started throwing coins at the Forest supporters in the Trent End. The front section was for children and their parents but that didn't bother the 'You'll Never Walk Alone, we're the best supporters in the world' idiots. The kids were scrambling about on the floor looking for the money and it prevented them from getting hit by a coin.

I watched the Forest v AEK Athens, home.

Forest v Grasshopper Zurich (Switzerland), home and away.

Forest v Koln (Germany), home and away.

Forest v Malmo. The 1979 Final in Munich (Germany) where Forest won the European Cup 1-0 with a goal from Trevor Francis. Great memories.

Lols yes we do in the winter. Work for camping and caravanning club in summer. In scotland for this season:-)

Whereabouts exactly? I live in the former Watten Railway Station in Caithness but know most of the country fairly well.

Moffat-lovely part of the country. Always visited the Highlands before only passing through and not realising what we were missing. Quite away from your neck of the woods I think. The furthest north we've been is Lossiemouth :-)

I've got my money back from Orange, well when I say 'got my money back' what I mean is they tried to palm me off with £65 in Orange credits.

I've just been on to them and told them my account still hasn't activated (The problem in the first place, meaning I was paying for all my calls data and texts from the word go!) despite assurances yesterday that it would be 'sorted out' by midnight last night. I was told it will be OK to use and any charges incurred would be reimbursed, I asked "How" to be told it would be in the form of "Orange Credits" I pointed out that that wasn't exactly fair , "You can take three times the amount off of me and out of my bank account thus sending me over drawn and incurring all sorts of other charges, but when you finally realise it's your error and not mine you give it back to me in the form of an orange credit "

She said that "That's what's in your contract Sir, 'any refunds unless it's on termination of said contract would be in the form of a credit to your bill'

I duly pointed out to her that they had been making this error from before I'd even made a phone call ! and in this circumstance they had been in breach of contract , thus nul and voiding it. After a few seconds on hold , whilst she consulted with her 'supervisor' she came back to me and told me that it would all be refunded to my bank account.

Moral of the story.

STICK UP FOR YOURSELF AND DON'T BE AFRAID OF THEIR GOBBLEDYGOOK.

• Upvote 2

Moffat-lovely part of the country. Always visited the Highlands before only passing through and not realising what we were missing. Quite away from your neck of the woods I think. The furthest north we've been is Lossiemouth :-)

There are some lovely Corbetts around Moffat. Is the old railway station still a tourist shop?

Hmmm trying to place where the station would have been, but probably yes. Possibly Moffat woollen Mill? I shall investigate. It's a great little town, with lots of surprises hidden away.

Going to have to make a few more stops before they get way up there!!

• 2 weeks later...

Not very often I win anything, occasionally manage to win a tenner on the Lottery, but today I won a pair of tickets to see 'Soul Sister' at the Theatre Royal next Tuesday evening. Always been a big fan of Tina Turner and seen her a few times, including back in the 60's with Ike at the Dungeon. I'm looking forward to this show, even though it won't be a patch on the real thing but it's summat for nowt.

Great LizzieM,Have a good time,We have seen lots of tribute shows,and when they make it to somewhere like The Theatre Royal they are usually top notch,its great to win something so have fun,She's Simply The Best thumbsup

• 2 weeks later...

bowdown Amazing Stuff from 'The Rolling Stones' at 'Glastonbury last night (BBC2 after the tennis - great stuff from Serena and her opponent too).

'The Stones' continue to be 'The Greatest, Little Rock n' Roll Band In The World'.

Best, was when they sang: 'I Can't Get No Satisfaction'. I would have died if they'd sung my favourite: 'Hey You Get Off Of My Cloud' - love this, so cocky and challenging.

Great thing about 'The Stones is that they combine today's music locked together with over 50 years of memorable, good songs.

Back in the 60's there was much competition between 'The Stones' and 'The Beatles' (considered the 2 top bands); you were for either one or the other.

I was a 'Stones' fan; they were rebellious, naughty, challenging the straight laced society of the time: 'how dare they do that and get away with it' - how refreshing!

My favourite 'Stone' was Keith Richard (still is) but no denying the early Jagger's beauty - even Court photographer: Cecil Beaton had a thing about him producing some exquisite images - now that was ShoCKing back then. :ohmy:

PS: S'Wonderful to comment that 'The Rolling Stones' now in their mature years, produced a brilliant opening to 'Glastonbury 2013'. Rock on ......................................

• Upvote 2