Anything 'Made Your Day' Today?

"When I get older losing my hair,many years from now".

Well here I am at 64, been through many storms, but came back into the sunny side of life.

Every day is a blessing for me.

You can have money, fame and fortune, but good health,and a sense of humour, beats just about everything.

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you get what you need.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just nipped in Co-op, still in uniform on way home from work, to pick a few bits up, came to about 15 quid, this bloke lent over & said “Ill get that your doing a fantastic job & tapped his ca

Gave the garage a clear out yesterday, left my Son's well used, but life in it yet skateboard out the front "yours if you want it" note attached, within an hour it was gone, got this pushed through th

I was in the craft store yesterday, and there was a toddler absolutely screaming her head off as her mum tried to shop. I got to the check-out and the mum was ahead of me, trying to quieten her child.

Just been to "The Bridgewater hall" in Manchester to see our Charlotte playing clarinet with "The Halle" Orchestra for the first time.............................

How proud you & Mrs Beefsteak must be ! Well done that lass !

Knowing the `standing' of the Halle,Miss Beefstake(Charlotte ) must be in the stratosphere ! Many Congratulations.

Pity her old man is playing his trumpet about England's chances in the Ashes.(although Cowan and Clarke were a `bag of wind'!!!

• 2 weeks later...

:biggrin: Looking out on my kitchen window this morning: I'm so pleased that rain has fallen on my garden.

Yesterday, my hydrangeas looked in danger of withering, now they're standing pretty and pink and erect. :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

:biggrin: Out in my back garden this afternoon caught a lovely piece of the 'Indian Summer' we're experiencing at the moment. How long it will last I don't know but I'm snatching at every little last bit of the Glorious sunshine and warmth before it disappears into the oncoming Winter.

Just recently I've removed an aged Rosemary bush because of its abundance of old wood. Although the dead wood looked attractive in parts with its natural sculpture of coils and spirals, I decided that now was the time to go.

I've been busy clearing/ cleaning the patch where it once grew and encouraging new shoots of mallow to grow. Mallow is a colourful plant with its pretty, delicate pink blossoms and golden yellow stamens - wished I could obtain some roots that yield white and cream flowers. :biggrin:

PS: Even if I do half to three quarters of an hour in the garden each day (weather permitting), at my age I feel better for the fresh air and exercise.

We've been celebrating our daughters 2nd birthday.

Sunday we had a little party, tons if balloons, food, lots of peppa pig decorations. More people than we planned popped in, but it was nice. Although I worry too much so I hope it was ok for everyone, I was trying to mingle with everyone to make them welcome, but the little ones seemed to have a blast!

Then yesterday, her actual birthday, both sets of grandparents popped in, we had more cake! Stayed at home but all 3 of us had walk to the park, played for about two hours then popped into the news agents on the way home for lots of sweets that we eat on the way home to then watch fantastic Mr fox that I recorded from film 4 on Sunday.

So today my better half is back at work, we've spent the day so far in our pj's, I had a quick whip around with the house work and the rest of the day we've been playing with her new toys.

That's the last 3 days made for me, very happy :)

• Upvote 1

A few weeks ago on one of our canal tow path bike rides we both had a bad fall, and my hubs really hurt his knee. He has got to go to hospital on 5th Nov to see what the damage is. But today for the first time, he wanted to try his cycle to see if he could ride again. We had a gentle ride, just five miles round trip. We sat by the canal and watched the wild life for a while. He was thrilled, and though very apprehensive, so was i. That has really made the day for us both.

• Upvote 1

Ey up - look 'ere - ah've got one o' these red crown thingys - an' av bin re-labelled a gigger (but ah don't gu ter gigs). Elevated to the peerage I am. Nah then, one o' you 'oove bin 'ere a long time - can yer tell me, when do ah get me first cheque from the civil list? smile2

• Upvote 1

been a busy week again yesterday we went to bakewell for a couple of hours first a quick look round the shops then off down the river and the park making sure daves getting a bit of exercizemaking the most of this nice weather while its still here ,spending as much time as i can out on the scooter before winter gets here and carnt get out as much

:biggrin: This wonderful 'Indian Summer' is lasting such a time, I'm not complaining it's welcome to stay forever. It's just right for me:

I've been out in the garden today busy redesigning: moved the bird bath - whoo, that was weighty! - watered the new mallows springing up around, if I'm lucky and the sun continues to shine, they'll be shooting up like crazy over the next few days.

After gardening, I love to look out of the lounge window at the changes I've made - always get inspiration for my next job this way. :biggrin:

watered the new mallows springing up around, if I'm lucky and the sun continues to shine, they'll be shooting up like crazy over the next few days.

Needs lots of water if you want marshmallows to toast on the fire at Christmas.

Ey up - look 'ere - ah've got one o' these red crown thingys - an' av bin re-labelled a gigger (but ah don't gu ter gigs). Elevated to the peerage I am. Nah then, one o' you 'oove bin 'ere a long time - can yer tell me, when do ah get me first cheque from the civil list? smile2

You have to give us all your bank account details and then the Bank of Nairobi pays you £10.000.

Hi Alison, I've been taking your advice about healthy eating; today I've been thinking about making an egg and mushroom curry; fly over for some - if you have the time :biggrin: - you're more than welcome...............

Big curry fan is Alison. Quite partial to egg curry - I make a vegetable curry and then drop a couple of halved boiled eggs in. Yummy. Thanks for the invite, love.

Yes Stags done good. Always had a soft spot for them as my parents and their families all originate from Sutton and Mansfield .

Nice to see them back in the league. Chesterfield is a difficult place to get a result as Forest fans well know.

After a recommendation of the place. We payed a visit to the Yorkshire wildlife park today for paiges birthday day out and we really enjoyed it! I loved watching the lions in one of the best enclosures iv seen, a little monkey ran across my foot to beat up another monkey who stole a piece of hay! Very funny :) little one seemed to really enjoy it and screamed with excitement when a lemur got close to her (we was in their enclosure) and she loved seeing the lions (she loves big cats!)

The drinks aren't too costly, we paid £1.10 for quite q large 'cup' of coke that lasted a while. We did though have a problem with the food prices, we didn't think about a picnic, so for two hotdogs and they didn't even come with onions -£7! And £5 for 3 chicken nuggets and chips for kids that paige didn't even eat. Other than that I'd suggest it to anyone! Great day out :)

But take a tip, pay online and print your reciept. As we was going in, the queue was huge, we wandered into the shop, gave the women our receipt and off we was.

Hand-shakes from strangers whom I helped, hugs from ladies for my kindness and then took my good friend "Till" (his name) out to see his girlfriend this evening. Like in the movie My Best Friend - or is it almost best friends! He's 40 and always makes me smile.....