Anything 'Made Your Day' Today?

The drinks aren't too costly, we paid £1.10 for quite q large 'cup' of coke that lasted a while. We did though have a problem with the food prices, we didn't think about a picnic, so for two hotdogs and they didn't even come with onions -£7! And £5 for 3 chicken nuggets and chips for kids that paige didn't even eat. Other than that I'd suggest it to anyone! Great day out :)

Pixie,enjoy your day out at YWP, we went there a couple of weeks ago, a good day out.

BUT do take your own food & drink, their's is very expensive ! £1 85p for a cup of tea.

You were warned !!

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just nipped in Co-op, still in uniform on way home from work, to pick a few bits up, came to about 15 quid, this bloke lent over & said “Ill get that your doing a fantastic job & tapped his ca

Gave the garage a clear out yesterday, left my Son's well used, but life in it yet skateboard out the front "yours if you want it" note attached, within an hour it was gone, got this pushed through th

I was in the craft store yesterday, and there was a toddler absolutely screaming her head off as her mum tried to shop. I got to the check-out and the mum was ahead of me, trying to quieten her child.

Was indeed. I still don't know why we didn't do a picnic. But the other half said it's the whole 'experience' ... Ah well, I didn't pay, so I won't complain.

• 4 weeks later...

I was in the craft store yesterday, and there was a toddler absolutely screaming her head off as her mum tried to shop. I got to the check-out and the mum was ahead of me, trying to quieten her child. An elderly man came up to them, he had a long light grey beard and mustache. He said to the child, if you aren't a good girl, I won't be coming at Christmas. Silence reigned. As he walked away, I heard him say quietly, works everytime!.

• Upvote 5

Just booked my rail tickets to Edinburgh for Christmas, two returns,reserved seats,from Newark north gate-Edinburgh Waverly and back £130.00,

staying with friends for ten days. wedding anniversary and Christmas in one go. result

Rog

• Upvote 1

Certainly will mate, might try to get her over for a possible trip to Scampton next year, she loves them planes you know

Rog

• 1 month later...

:biggrin: Spent a lovely afternoon at the 'Theatre Royal' yesterday; went to see: 'Dreamboats and Petticoats'.

Pop song after pop song from the 50's/60's hit me; what an amazing experience, couldn't help singing - even dancing - in my seat.

An extremely atmospheric scene was when 'Palisades Park' (Freddy Cannon) was performed; 'Palisades Park', one of my all time favourites - how lucky can you get? :biggrin:

Lovely to see Mark Wynter, an original 'Dreamboat' from the 60's and now taking a lead role in the production. Met the handsome and charming Mr Wynter after the show; told him: "We loved you when we were girls and we still do............(and I meant it) :Kiss:

'Dreamboats and Petticoats', a Cornucopia of non-stop song, dance, colour with the simple (yet meaningful) narrative of boy/girl relationships woven through - a Splendid Show...............

PS: I'm soon off to 'You Tube' to play Mark's: 'Go Away Little Girl' and after, 'Palisades Park' - Freddy Cannon........

• Upvote 2

My wife and I went too, a great evening of wonderful music.

Hi Jackson,

You have made my day reminding me of 'Dreamboats and Petticoats'. Chris (hubbs) surprised me on my birthday with tickets to our Grand Theater two years ago to see the show, you certainly come away on a high, :biggrin: Don't they get the mood of the era perfectly, reminded me so much of the way we were then. I think most of us had a thing for Mark Wynter, Venus in blue jeans ( i'm sure he was singing to me) and Freddy Cannon Way down Yonder in New Orleans.They weren't in the production we saw but it was still a great show. Brilliant. We went to see The Billy Fury Show again this year, we have seen it five times in the last few years. He was my heart throb and on his last tour we followed them around the West Midlands, We had some good nights out and he was still fabulous. You got me dancing round the kitchen now. :rolleyes: :)

• Upvote 1

:biggrin: Hi Carni, lovely of you to get back...................and yes, you're so right: 'Don't they get the mood of the era perfectly'?

How lovely that Mark (Wynter) sang to you; I remember him singing to me Christmas 1968, when he was in pantomime here - must have a thing about blondes named Christine......... :crazy: I so wanted to meet him, in fact this was the main reason I booked to see the show; made a beeline for his desk in the foyer afterwards - he was signing his CD's - eager to meet this 'Dreamboat' of mine from way back, delighted to say he's still a: 'lovable 'Dreamboat'*....................... :Kiss:

* 'Dreamboat' - Alma Cogan.

PS: must catch the Billy Fury show one day.........

PPS: dropped off in bed last night singing: 'Go Away Little Girl'.

I went into Lidl yesterday - and I was not overcharged, sneered at - and the bloke on the checkout was patient as I struggled to get me cash to pay him with.Nice change that.TTFN

But did you check the sell by dates? They might have caught you out that way, got stung like that a few times at Lidl in Netherfield

Won £3 on the Euro but it won't change my life as it's between six of us....

Get pi77ed for that when I were a lad. Shippos 1/6 a pint, Worthington or Bass 1/9.

we have been a couple of time bit to busy to go this time thoughbut looking forwad to cristmas aas my lads always buy the the latest dream boats and petty coats cd,sometimes songs on on them get duplicated but who cares good music. i have got all six this years being number 7 plus 3 others from of the net

:biggrin: Hi Babs, lovely to come across you; hope you and Mr Piggy are doing fine.

Sounds like the CD's of 'Dreamboats and Petticoats' are a worthwhile purchase being as you have 6 (Whow!), plus the others........

Must make mention of the young man who sang Roy Orbison's 'In Dreams' in the show: he did a fantastic job of the song, I'm sure Roy - now serving as a 'Blue Angel' up in Heaven - if he were looking down, would have been proud of him. :biggrin:

carni #286, when you say 'The Billy Fury Show' do you mean 'Halfway To Paradise'? I've seen this show and I had a great night listening to the music and seeing the photos and film clips. Colin Gold, who looks and sounds like Billy Fury, was backed by Fury's band, The Tornados. Colin Gold and the band were in the foyer after the show to meet their fans and sign autographs etc.

jackson #287, if you wanted to see 'Halfway To Paradise', they are appearing in Mansfield on Saturday 08 February 2014. I think the tickets are about £20.

Hi Michael and Jackson,

Sorry i have been a while, i have just turned the bureau upside down looking for tickets, but can't find them. We have seen two types of Billy Fury Shows and one had the Tornado's in, we saw them twice at Skegness,the last time there was about 2yrs ago and they were brilliant, but the one we saw in Feb this year at The Grand was different but equally as good. I can't find the tickets to tell you the title of the shows but i am still such a fan i would go and see any show about Billy Fury. If You are a fan, I can Recommend going. Swoon Swoon. :rolleyes: :P I am like a kid singing away, I know all the words. :)

• Upvote 1

I've been after one of these for about 30 years it must be at least 60 years as it's etched Pint G.R.

I got one in Oxfam yesterday for 99p :)

$T2eC16hHJGEFFm0llEdbBRh+RVNOSQ~~60_35.J

Have a picture of Alan Silitoe drinking out of one in the Eight Bells

Carni, I loved his songs and his music (but I don't swoon). We were robbed of a great singer.

What has made my day? What makes my every day? Waking up next to my lovely wife every day for the 44th year.

• Upvote 2