Anything 'Made Your Day' Today?

Ordered a stocking filler pressie for my husband from ebay last week. It didn't arrived when it should have so contacted the seller yesterday. He said he would send another plus a few extras. Got a parcel this morning containing what I thought was the replacement. Contacted the seller to let him know it had arrived, did his feed back, and promised to return the original should it turn up. Mightily pleased with item (which I cannot mention here as John sometimes passes through and reads what I've been up to) slywink

Just received a message from the vendor to say the parcel I received today must have been the original as he hadn't sent the replacement yet.........but he would send it anyway with his compliments as I had been so understanding and had left him good feedback. :jumping:

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just nipped in Co-op, still in uniform on way home from work, to pick a few bits up, came to about 15 quid, this bloke lent over & said “Ill get that your doing a fantastic job & tapped his ca

Gave the garage a clear out yesterday, left my Son's well used, but life in it yet skateboard out the front "yours if you want it" note attached, within an hour it was gone, got this pushed through th

I was in the craft store yesterday, and there was a toddler absolutely screaming her head off as her mum tried to shop. I got to the check-out and the mum was ahead of me, trying to quieten her child.

Re # 298, Carni ....... I've never been to a Billy Fury 'tribute' concert, been meaning to but never been in the right place at the right time. I believe that one or two members of The Tornadoes come from Nottingham. The bass guitarist of the Halfway to Paradise - Billy Fury Story is Graham Wyvill, ex High Pavement Grammar School, he's also a very talented furniture maker, (he's got a website!) I've known him since he was a lad, playing in Mosaic Sunset and practicing with the band in our works canteen in New Basford in the evenings.

Been looking for two beech diining chairs to match four I already have. Went to a cafe yesterday and discovered that they have an "Aladin's Cave" attached to the premises in an alley behind. Found two chairs to match plus two Carver chairs of the same pattern. They wanted £110 for the lot - BARGAIN! I haggled and got them all for £80...and that made my day :)

• Upvote 2

Yes but it makes us appreciate our "summer" more ! Our summer is scheduled for the second week in June in 2014 !

This is cute , C-section twins being bathed and that don't realise they are born yet .....aaahhh

http://youtu.be/L1HcCWE2Em8

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

Made my Day (yesterday) had reason to enter a 'Punjabi' school room filled with girls aged between 7 and 11,the Teacher introduced me and in unison they gave me the 'Punjabi' welcome along with their lovely smiling faces,

• Upvote 4
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Gave the garage a clear out yesterday, left my Son's well used, but life in it yet skateboard out the front "yours if you want it" note attached, within an hour it was gone, got this pushed through the letterbox last night, Rory you've done me x :(  

EUlWoazU8AEVcHB?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 7

@radfordred. You ARE doing a fantastic job.  You deserve the praise....

One of our sons who is currently doing grocery deliveries for Sainsbury's was delivering to a village in Oxfordshire last Thursday and it was 8pm when he drove in.  He said everyone was clapping for the NHS etc and when he passed them, everyone was clapping and waving at him too.  Brought a tear to my eye when he told me.... I do worry about him, though,  as he says that some of the people who he delivers to are old and vulnerable and can't carry their shopping in themselves, so he has to do it.  Many don't understand about social distancing and keep coming too close to him as well.  Also, he says that when he and the other drivers are loading up their vans, it's nearly impossible to keep a safe distance away from each other.?

• Like 1

One for Lizzie.  I'm told that Kezia Gill is doing a live Facebook concert tonight I don't know more than that.

Tony Coburn of the Cavern Club Beatles also told me he might do something to night and would let me know in advance..

No word so far.

Meanwhile a local dairy has reported on F'book that some low life(s) have followed one of their milkmen and stolen everything he's delivered to doorsteps.  Cheese, Eggs, Yoghurt, Bread, and of course milk.. much of it intended for vulnerable/isolated people.

I as going to ay words fail me.. but they don't.  It's just that the words aren't appropriate here.  I hope they are caught and gaoled.

Changing the subject slightly. But as it's 'what made your day's, just thought I'd mention, it's 8.00pm and right outside my window is a blackbird sitting in the hedge, he's singing his head off and it really is wonderful listening to him and quite uplifting. Just wish he'd tone it down a bit now so I  can finish watching Casualty.

Bugger, his pal's just arrived.smile2

• Like 1