Anything 'Made Your Day' Today?

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just nipped in Co-op, still in uniform on way home from work, to pick a few bits up, came to about 15 quid, this bloke lent over & said “Ill get that your doing a fantastic job & tapped his ca

Gave the garage a clear out yesterday, left my Son's well used, but life in it yet skateboard out the front "yours if you want it" note attached, within an hour it was gone, got this pushed through th

I was in the craft store yesterday, and there was a toddler absolutely screaming her head off as her mum tried to shop. I got to the check-out and the mum was ahead of me, trying to quieten her child.

DJ, I heard there was going to be some live internet performances today and thought it was something to do with the Hockley Hustle that obviously wasn’t able to happen due to everything that’s going on.  Sheku Kanneh-Mason, who’s apparently a neighbour of ours, was interviewed on Radio Nottm yesterday and said he was taking part but I didn’t  see or hear any more info. 

About 40 (?) years ago I bought a Tom Paxton album and when I got in home I realised that side B wasn’t Tom at all! Liked one or two of the songs so I kept it, but never found out who the mystery singer was. Did some half hearted searches on the internet over the years, but no luck. Yesterday I tracked him down after I dredged some lyrics up from the depths. It was Andy Roberts and my 2 favourites are Richmond and Poison Apple Lady. I was enormously chuffed! Simples things please simple minds! Particularly in these times.

It's now 15.45 and I have just finished converting my last vhs tape. That's over 315 hours on to dvd. 

Just finished 6 x programmes of "Walking with Dinosaurs". So that's made my day. Wonder what I can get up to next? "Mischief ", 'er indoors will say.

All of a sudden most of the seed trays in the greenhouse have shown germination :biggrin: Runner beans, various tomatoes, lettuce and mixed salad leaves. Also, outside, the first potato shoots are showing :biggrin: When removing some excess Canadian pond weed from the pond I spotted Newt spawn! :cool: The Great crested's that I rescued from a building site 30 years ago are still here. Canadian pond weed quickly returned.

• Upvote 1

BK. A few years ago we went to Turin to watch the show of " Walking with Dinasaurs" it was terrific and very life like. It lasted a couple of hours and the grandchildren loved it.