There was a thread somewhere in which someone reported that Rob's Records had closed down....

Glad to say it's not true and in fact it's had a refit and facelift.

Bet there were a few dead punters found under that huge pile of unsorted records there used to be at one end...

many a saturday morning trip to town started by going into robs records and spending hours trawling through stuff - was always greeted by rob saying "my dear sir how are you " you dont get that kind of manners or service in any shop these days

no matter what you asked rob for he kinda knew where the item was buried one way or another or you left till the next week to give him chance to find what you was after lol

I've never been in 'Rob's Records' but I've had to smile whilst reading everyone's posts. I think it's called 'organised chaos'. Every now and then when I'm on my travels I'll spot an old junk shop with piles of records on view. I'll go in and enjoy spending an hour or so just sifting through the records. If I don't find anything that interests me then I'll choose one by an artist I'd never heard of, but has a good sleeve, and take it home to play. More often than not it's a load of rubbish but odd times I'll find a little gem.