And nobody is having a slanging match or being threatening for Petes sake , only you.

So i've opened up a hornets nest alright regarding warnings, all i wanted was a answer to a question i asked and i got a reply back which i am happy with, but i say again for the third time the warning was not on my profile until few days ago.But i am alright about it i've got no problem with hit.

Now stop it, sit down, and brew up, or else I'll have smack your little legs for you !!

Jackson....the above comment of Beefys can no way be construed as bullying or threatening...it is totally tongue in cheek.I notice your posts are extra polite but you can't expect the rest of the world to be as sensitive as you.It's a mild rebuke said with humour....surely you can see that?

As for this warning thing...I hadn't noticed it and couldn't care less as it won't affect my posting....forget it!

• Upvote 1

When you log in, at the top right of the screen is your name. If you click on that, there are several headings including "My Profile". Click on that and you will see among other things, the "Warnings" message. That has always been there.

However, it is now also below the avatars on each post, and it may not have always been there. I wonder if that is a change which has been implemented when mick2me did a software update a few days ago. That would explain why people are seeing it now, and didn't seem to notice it before.

And I've just noticed something else...........if you browse the forums without logging in, you won't see the warnings message. It's only there when you log in.

When you log in, at the top right of the screen is your name. If you click on that, there are several headings including "My Profile". Click on that and you will see among other things, the "Warnings" message. That has always been there.

However, it is now also below the avatars on each post, and it may not have always been there. I wonder if that is a change which has been implemented when mick2me did a software update a few days ago. That would explain why people are seeing it now, and didn't seem to notice it before.

It's probably the product of the recent software update. Nothing to get upset about.

Yes.

Standard type of issue when updating software - changes the appearance and functionality of certain things sometimes.

http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9454&hl=

And I've just noticed something else...........if you browse the forums without logging in, you won't see the warnings message. It's only there when you log in.

A casual (i.e. not logged in) visitor would never be able to see such information for the same reason other posters can't (not logged in under your username).

• Upvote 1

The software was updated by our Forum support, for which I pay twice a year.

This service together with the updates themselves are the reason I pay.

The last update I requested and was carried was about 24-36 hours ago.

It could be that the new board software had the switch to display warnings set to on.

There may be other settings changed that will be noticed later.

Be aware that this board is running the most advanced and progressive software available.

When new versions appear they are installed at the ongoing cost.

If you are interested it is purchased from www.invisionpower.com

Unlike the many FREE forum sites that exist around the web run on old outdated software,

and are here today and gone tomorrow. We use the best.

How about No warning points and a site called http://www.nottstalgia.crapboards.com

Probably no warning points because they let any old riff-raff on.

Regarding warning points, I don't see a use for them as the Rules are well published here,

and agreed to at the time of joining.

Therefore if we get any problems, and the member does not listen to reasons, they will be gone.

And there are people who, believe it or not, go on forum boards like ours to cause trouble.

When it has happened here you have not seen it because the staff here volunteer their time

to keep the board safe for all decent members.

I am sure Mr.Beefsteak meant a virtual slap on the legs.

Believe me you would not want a real slap from that guy. I have seen him kicking 4r$e$ :)

Be nice to im, it's iz burphday :

• Upvote 1

That's very well expalined Mick,now let's all get back in the playground & enjoy ourselves again............. :biggrin:

Beefsteak, just remind me once more....what shutter speed and lens is required to capture missiles, aircraft and the like on the point of take-off?

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't consider the above posts to be a 'slanging match' . I've seen some real one's on the internet at times and believe me, they are cruel. I am not a Christian (see post #5) and I don't think one's religious beliefs determine whether or not one is good or bad.

I was once walking through a lonely glen in the pouring rain one Sunday when many Christians turned out of the local church. How many stopped to offer me a lift? Not one; it took an American tourist to stop and without even asking my destination he opened the door and said "Hop in buddy, you look soaked"

Don't get me started on Religion! :angry:

When I was very ill, a few of my neighbours dropped by to see if they could offer a hand on anything I needed, they saw we were pretty low on firewood and picked a couple of large truck loads up, delivered them and split them for us. That's true Christians.

True Christianity's not only a religion, it's the way you live your life, it's just a coincidence that the things we feel are most important in a civilised society mirror Christian beliefs, or have I got the rose-tinted on again..........................just call me Mr "Do as you would be done by!!"