You will only see yours.....its shows how many 'slap wrists' youve had for posting possible naughties that are not fitting or are insulting.....some folk do do it...so its a needed thing.

Braddy, I cannot see: 'O Warning Points' on your profile. As you can see it is clearly on my avatar - or is it only available to me?

I cannot understand why I have been awarded this (designation?); I do not swear, I do not bully, I do not write things that I think may offend. I am a Christian and hope always to give out love and to inspire. So why?.......

• Upvote 1

Why wasn't 'o warning points' explained to us before it suddenly appeared on our avatars?

It seems to me that Braddy had the best idea by opening up a topic. Why couldn't Admin have thought of this? - instead of creating a divide.

I thought we were all supposed to be friends on 'Nottstalgia', working together in order to produce 'Nottstalgia'.

I really don't see any 'divide'. I'll leave it to admin to answer the questions.

It's probably the product of the recent software update. Nothing to get upset about.

Without the Contributors, there would be no Admin; without all of us there would be no 'Nottstalgia'.

What is called for at the end of the day is Respect towards each and every one of us.

• Upvote 1

This isn't a new feature, it has existed for some time. No one can see anyone else's "Warnings" - you can only see your own. The vast majority of contributors will always have 0 warnings because the vast majority of contributors only make sensible, reasonable and intelligent posts.

There are a number of functions available to Moderators and Administrators to enable them to act on any posts which may be offensive or unpleasant. Unfortunately, not everyone who registers for Nottstalgia is here to be friendly and civilsed. From time to time messages have been posted which were, for instance, obscene or personal - or both.

Such messages obviously need to be removed as soon as possible, which is why Mods and Admins exist, as well as having powers to do things like merging threads, moving them to different headings, getting rid of spam, etc etc

I don't think there is any divide between us, its just putting in rules without telling us first. As i said before i have not seen it on my profile before. I have no problem with it, it's a good idea.

Thats what US Admins and Moderators are for........the site has to be maintained and kept......Some folk out there can give us a hard time.....so everyone has to abide by the same rules......as Ciff-Ton says....its not a new thing and hasnt 'just appeared'....we all have it on our profile and on our Avatar bit to the left.

There are some people in this world who want to ruin things for the others, the Mods Admins do a fine job of keeping them out, I know as I was one for a long, long time.

There is absolutely nothing to worry about Jackson, as long as you remember to read the replies people give your questions, if you had you wouldn't be in such a state now.

Now stop it, sit down, and brew up, or else I'll have smack your little legs for you !!

slywink

• Upvote 1

Reader, please refer to my post @ #5: 'I do not bully'.

Reader, please refer to Beefsteak's post @ #13: 'Now stop it, sit down, and brew up, or else I'll have smack your little legs for you ! !

I give up !!

I'll see you all around some where sometime

Sort your life out jackson !

• Upvote 2

I'm not quite sure what the problem here is. If everyone has O warning points, then that's a good thing. And if only each person can see their own status, then again, that's a good thing. If someone does get a warning, nobody else will be aware of it, and that's a good thing. Can you see a thread forming here, it's all a good thing! And all done to keep the site friendly and keep the riff-raff out.

• Upvote 2

What I find disturbing is that certain people can become threatening over this issue.

Where is the bonhomie that used to preside within 'Nottstalgia'?

Let us not forget that this site is not only for our use but also a long lived and valuable research site available to Joe Public - and long may it reign. unionflag

I'm not quite sure what the problem here is. If everyone has O warning points, then that's a good thing. And if only each person can see their own status, then again, that's a good thing. If someone does get a warning, nobody else will be aware of it, and that's a good thing. Can you see a thread forming here, it's all a good thing! And all done to keep the site friendly and keep the riff-raff out.

It's not kept me out, but I can see Jackson's point of view, if it wasn't in the original 'rules of engagement'

Are there rules of engagement, I don't remember seeing any rules when I joined, but then again, I can't remember 5 minutes ago!

The above slanging match could have been avoided if the Admin of 'Nottstalgia' had kindly informed their contributors of the change to their avatars - and it is as simple as that. :)

How could you have been informed of them appearing....It is NOT a new thing....theys been there forever.