Wow! only just getting into local history,this is great.Although i was told about the bombing when i was a kid i obviously was not interested.doh!

Amazing,ask one question land up asking loads more.Looks like i may be visiting the archives sometime soon.

homegirl101 put a post on Nottstalgia to try and get some information regarding 'Wellington Yard'. I've followed the thread with interest and have really been impressed how the 'Nottstalgian's' have dug up so much information about the topic. It's what makes the site so special and I think you all deserve a pat on the back.

• Upvote 1
  • 8 months later...

No maps have removed from this site, unless a member has closed their Photobucket/Flickr account. Where exactly have you looked for maps of Sneinton? They are likely to be scattered around various threads, not necessarily specifically about Sneinton.

• 4 years later...

Interesting starter query of this thread. The Yard does appear in the 1911 census for Nottingham officially enumerated as 1 to 9 Duke of Wellington Yard 

This census was different from all the previous as the home owner or occupier filled in the form himself rather than it being filled in by the enumerator. 8 of the 9 occupants gave it that name. Just to be awkward, the distant relative in my own family tree (at No. 2) called it Wellington Yard but it was noted to be off Newark Street Sneinton.

Cheers Alan

• Upvote 1