Public toilets - where did they all go?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The loss of public loos is purely down to misuse by druggies and faggots. Yet again, the law abiding suffer. I refuse to pay for a wee in these horrible cubicles, so dept stores or cafes have to suff

Hope they cleared everybody out first. In years to come it could be re-excavated, only to find a mummified corpse in one of the cubicles, still clutching his Sun.

Another almost forgotten topic within a topic is Lavatory Attendants as they were called, later Toilet Attendants, men for the men's & women for the women's. This job was given by the council to

Some of these old bogs were works of art.

The copper plumbing was kept well polished with DuraGlit.

The Twyford's Adamants were kept spotless

• 2 years later...

Terrible getting rid of the ones in slab square. I asked the lord mayor when they were doing a presentation on the new layout why they were being removed . he introduced me to the lady responsible for it all . turned out she was from Leicester and said people don't need toilets anymore in the square !

I'd guess they probably still are. The construction would likely have just filled in the steps, no reason to completely fill the void and extra cost.

I'd heard the reason they were actually closed was because they couldn't provide disabled access?

My previous employer who dealt with the public had to ban the public from using our toilets, because of no disabled access.

If the public have access then the must be disabled friendly.

• Like 1

I would have thought that the space under the square, that was the toilets would have been used for water tanks for the water features.

There will still be some form of access for maintenance. And probably a toilet for the nice council maintenance man.

they closed the toilets and then the police nick people for urinating in public what are you supposed to do if taken short assuming pubs etc are closed

How councils expect families to take part in the harmless activities of a Sunday afternoon on the Arboretum or similar, when there are no toilet facilities for the young and elderly in particular, is beyond comprehension. If Charlie and his Ho were on a visit to talk to the plants they'd build a block especially for the occasion.