Public toilets - where did they all go?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The loss of public loos is purely down to misuse by druggies and faggots. Yet again, the law abiding suffer. I refuse to pay for a wee in these horrible cubicles, so dept stores or cafes have to suff

Hope they cleared everybody out first. In years to come it could be re-excavated, only to find a mummified corpse in one of the cubicles, still clutching his Sun.

Another almost forgotten topic within a topic is Lavatory Attendants as they were called, later Toilet Attendants, men for the men's & women for the women's. This job was given by the council to

Terrible getting rid of the ones in slab square. I asked the lord mayor when they were doing a presentation on the new layout why they were being removed . he introduced me to the lady responsible for it all . turned out she was from Leicester and said people don't need toilets anymore in the square !

How ridiculous don't need toilets in the square anymore.On my last visit I was in Slab Square dying for a pee found one yes ONE up an alley way way near the old Black Boy Hotel.The old Slab Square loo was great you could even have a wash and brush up and an attendant on duty all the time too keep the place clean.

I think you will find the one near to where the Black Boy was, is Greyhound Street.

As I mentioned before you can always use the loo in The Bell as you don't have to go into any of the bars ;)

they closed the toilets and then the police nick people for urinating in public what are you supposed to do..............

Stand on your head and pee in your shoe.... slywink

Debenhams is another department store with toilets. Most of the big stores have them now, especially the ones that have a Coffee Bar. If you just put the names of the Stores onto the Internet you can make a mental list and never get caught short again. Add The Pubs and Coffee Bars to the list and it makes it a lot less of a problem :)

.....and it is good to know where the toilets are - an relative of mine advised that once I got to their age: "Never pass up the opportunity to go to the loo and, never trust a fart!"

It's totally wrong though, that council cuts should be forcing people into shops and pubs to answer the call of nature.

Thing is, public toilets have become ever more sophisticated and consequently ever more expensive to provide and maintain.

Obviously not for the ladies but I can't see why a french style cast iron pissoir can't be provided in the Old Market Square!

east*

Didn't there used to be one down a little alleyway off, was it Kings St - near Jeanettes "high fashion emporium"!

Yes it's Greyhound Street.

See my post #62 Greyhound Street comes off King street then turns right & continues on to Long Row East.

The loss of public loos is purely down to misuse by druggies and faggots. Yet again, the law abiding suffer.

I refuse to pay for a wee in these horrible cubicles, so dept stores or cafes have to suffice.

• Upvote 3

The loss of public loos is purely down to misuse by druggies and faggots. Yet again, the law abiding suffer.

I refuse to pay for a wee in these horrible cubicles, so dept stores or cafes have to suffice.

when they are open,at least blokes can sneak away pretty easily I feel soorry for lasses