So are you ready?

Mince pies made,presents wrapped,cupboards full of grog,whats the thing you always leave until the last minute at Christmas? !cheers!

imissyou No home made minced pies this Crimbo, if i need them i'm going to have to bye some. Unless there is a kind member on here that would do me the honours and get their hands sticky just for me. I'll need at least two dozen by Friday next week because i'm going over to me daughters for crimbo dinner, we all will be there son and his family too, that makes nine of us, two each i reakon and six over for the trip up to Sheffield for the game against the Steelers on Boxing day..Great!

usbpie2.jpg

I always leave things till the last minute,but I think i've got it sorted. I was looking thu a cupboard a couple of days ago and found 2 bottles of champagne and a bottle of red from either last year or the year before. Hope they are ok.

I never make mince pies cause my other half says my pastry's too heavy and gives him indegestion.I put it down to the fact he's made a pig of himself--again. hungry

imback Hello there angi, my wife always made her own minced pies every year, we kept a bottle of Brandy in the cupboard just for that reason. About four months out she would buy a jar or two, large mind, of mince meat the best sort from asda and she would mix quit abit of the said spirit into the mince.

Her pastry was to die for, you only had to look at the pie and it melted on the plate before your very eyes. I'm going to miss her pies........................Still, went to asda today and bought six luxury pies, these are made with Butter, yummmmmy.. lips0

• 13 years later...

Are you stocking up for Christmas already?  Or just for the time following Halloween. :rotfl: Not funny really!