Perfectly normal 200 years ago when it was a food plain..London road being a line of bridges from the Lace market (as it became) to the Trent.Makes you realise that without the flood embankments from Sawley to Colwick we would see this nearly every year.

Be thankful, we haven't had a single drop in weeks, last lot didn't do any good and that was in May, we are in severe drought, burn bans in place, more like California than the Ozarks of Missouri.

Understand what you say and respect to that John but I don't think the people who's homes and businesses are being flooded will be feeling very thankful.

I thought Aberfan was caused by building a pit tip over a natural spring/stream???? An accident waiting to happen, and one that those responsible wormed their way out of...

Just been out to Lowdham and two roads out of three into the village are blocked off due to flooding. I hear that Burton Joyce has also experienced flooding this afternoon. The Dover Beck In Woodborough is brimming up not far from the top of it's banks too. That usually results in the Main Street there flooding.

With so much water, how's the Trent holding out??

With so much water, how's the Trent holding out??

I drove over Trent Bridge about 6.30 and was surprised to see the level wasn't as high as I'd expected.

But the car park in Morrisons at Gamston now has an area for the ducks to play in

park1.jpg

I was out around oxton,southwell, halam and other small villages today, all of the ditches at the side of the roads were overflowing, water lane in oxton was flooded at 1 end, a good name for a street.

I had to go down a lane near Brackenhurst college, and had to go through 2 parts of the road that was flooded, I would think it is now impassable. so much for the English summer.