Foreigners and Forest

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This new Forest gezza Evangelos Marinakis he sounds a right bogger match fixing, gang leader, bribery, blackmailer & bombing a referees bakery! Can't see us getting many red cards this coming se

Changing the names of football teams and stadiums is like messing with the Regiments in the British Army. You take away the tradition, moral and sense of identity that has been built up over many year

Went to Donny last night. My first away trip for over 15 years. Plenty of families with kids nowadays, but still the same old songs being belted out. I soon got back into the swing of things!

I agree with what you say, Cliff Ton but Forest were in dire straights. Players leaving because Forest didn't have the money to offer them new contracts and the future looking bleak. I am 100% against foreigners coming to England and buying our football clubs and business's but realise that, because of the lack of English investment, they need to do this to survive. I think the Forest fans will be a lot happier today than they were yesterday.

I don't see what choice they had. They operate at such a loss that they had to hope someone like this would come in - unpalatable though it may be for some. I'd imagine most Forest fans are breathing a sigh of relief

Yes, I know, Stu and my comment was meant to be humorous though after reading it again it doesn't seem that way, does it.. I've just edited my post to show this. I wonder if they will give the present manager a chance or go for a 'big name'.

No bother, Michael.

That's a good question, Cotterill doesn't seem very popular amongst the Forest faithful does he? I think he has some talent though and they should maybe stick with him.

The perfect fit - if they have the money and are prepared to spend it - might be to get Billy Davies Back? I reckon a lot of Reds fans would enjoy that prospect.

Just ask any Notts fan......." beware Arabs bearing gifts!!! " Luckily, Notts got over that debacle and are doing rather nicely, thank you very much.

Too much managerial turmoil generally nowadays. I understand that some Forest fans don't enjoy the brand of football that Cotterill has employed at Forest but he came into a very difficult position that was left for him. He's been pretty successful at his various clubs and appears well-liked and respected. I think this move will prove to be a mistake - just like bringing in that buffoon, Steve McClaren was.

I see one of the people that Forest are being linked with is Alex McLeish. Speaking as person who's team he once managed I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. He has a record of beginning quite well but things soon going pear-shaped. He was also complicit in quite a bit of deceit when engineering his way out at my club to a bigger one. Not a man I'd trust or employ.

Perhaps the new Arab owners know better than what football fans see with their own eyes....

I must say that I feel sorry for Steve Cotterill because he must have hoped that this was his chance for the 'big time'. His previous clubs have never had any money and he's always had to work on a shoestring. The newspapers and bookies are naming everyone from Harry Redknapp to Darren Ferguson but Forest would have known their new manager a while ago. Like Stu, I'm hoping it won't be Alex McLeish or any of the other managers who've moved around the clubs and been sacked from them all. People in football go where the money is so if money is no object at Forest then who's to say that we won't see Harry getting his feet under the desk.