Foreigners and Forest

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This new Forest gezza Evangelos Marinakis he sounds a right bogger match fixing, gang leader, bribery, blackmailer & bombing a referees bakery! Can't see us getting many red cards this coming se

Changing the names of football teams and stadiums is like messing with the Regiments in the British Army. You take away the tradition, moral and sense of identity that has been built up over many year

Went to Donny last night. My first away trip for over 15 years. Plenty of families with kids nowadays, but still the same old songs being belted out. I soon got back into the swing of things!

It could be a not-bad appointment compared to some of the over-rated duds mentioned. I do think though that this man, being less well-known, will fit the bill of being more controllable by the new owners. He's hardly the 'iconic' signing that people were promised either is he?

I'll put my money on all three of those Kuwaiti players ending up in the team. ;)

We'll see...

I don't disagree with the appointment but something went wrong, Mick McCarthy was favourite although they stressed to say he was not the only candidate as it would have looked as if the deal was already done before Steve's departure. What ever Mick McCarthy is I believe he is a man of integrity and I hope he was not accused of going behind Steve's back.

You've all got it wrong, they were making an IRONIC choice not ICONIC.......................... slywink

• 2 years later...

Nasty rumours going around, the City ground to be named,THE KUWAIT STADIUM' .........Foriegn owners,foriegn players, now this, at one time local clubs represented the local city/town,...........not any more!

#57 Not sure what to think about this to be honest Benjamin...

Why things can't be left as they are I do not know?

All this tampering with things all over the country, kings being buried in the wrong place and the like.

Hold on though, didn't the original team also used to be called the Garibaldi Reds?

How about Nottingham Fawaz Football Club?

Now I think about it, my wife changed her name when we got married and I still love her !

Smiffy

• Upvote 1

#57 Not sure what to think about this to be honest Benjamin...

Why things can't be left as they are I do not know?

All this tampering with things all over the country, kings being buried in the wrong place and the like.

Hold on though, didn't the original team also used to be called the Garibaldi Reds?

How about Nottingham Fawaz Football Club?

Now I think about it, my wife changed her name when we got married and I still love her !

Smiffy

Yes smiffy' they should stop tinkering with old names and tradition,and bury people in the right places,...........anyway i don't see what currant biscuits' have owt to do with all this,....... :)

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

It gets worse,they SELL two of the best prospects and sign a couple on the cheap or free transfers,and the Manager is not happy,and thats all before has been kicked in anger,!

Nothing changes, they always sell rising stars.

I've just come out of the shower to be informed by my wife that Forest had sold two of their best players. I was furious that the goalkeeper and central defender had been sold so close to the start of the season. However, after reading the Nottingham Post, I see they will be at the City Ground for the new season.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Nottingham-Forest-owner-Fawaz-Al-Hasawi-makes/story-22077538-detail/story.html

One thing I've noticed over the years I've followed Forest is that some fans will never be happy. The sheer number of them who are saying "We're doomed!", even before a ball has been kicked, is rising exponentially with the easy access to social media.

I bet they would have even been moaning that the reds were rubbish in their European Cup finals, as they only scored one goal in each of them.

Why not just wait for a few games and then start whining?

Nobody will ever hear me say, "We're doomed". The fact is, The word from Nottingham Forest is that this season they're going all out for promotion. In the past few seasons they have been so close but fell away at the end. This season, new players have been brought in and other players have been released. The owner is a billionaire so Forest didn't need to sell anyone to survive. That's why it came as such a shock to learn that Forest had sold two of their best players, Darlow and Lascelles, who are tipped to have a great future in football, to Newcastle. If Forest are serious about getting into the Premier League, they wouldn't be selling these players.

Think the crux of the issue is not so much whether the players should or should not be retained at the club but that the manager's authority and judgement is being undermined, There have been hints of this from the beginning with this ownership. I can understand why Pearce is not happy and I'm pretty sure he will have told them so.

From Fawaz's statement, it looks like he is having to control the wage bill to meet the Football League's Financial Fair Play rules, which limit the amount that the club can lose in any one season.

As it is, the club will still be able to play Darlow and Lascelles for the season, with Newcastle paying their wages. This gives Pearce plenty of time to target the players he wants as replacements.

• Upvote 1

Yes The chairman stated last season that it would be difficult to stay within the financial fairplay rules and I'm sure you are right and that these transfers are to do with that difficulty. I'm sure Stu Pearce would have been aware that the club policy would be sometimes be affected by the new rules.