Just been watching the Bond movie ‘Live and Let Die' starring Roger Moore and looking at his biography.

I seem to remember a rumour in the 1960's that he was for a time living in Newstead and was seen driving around in his trademark Volvo (The Saint).

Can anyone confirm this?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I lived at Lenton Abbey between 1963 - 1969/70 Which is only a mile or so from Beeston Fields Drive/Bramcote. I even went to Beeston Fields Junior, then Fernwood Secondary School in Wollaton, which is

He came to one of our meet ups once.

Mick might know if this is true, there was a police officer in Nottingham who's number was 100, his surname was Watt. He was very bright.

This is beginning to sound like a collection of urban myths which got out of control. :)

A bloke in the pub told someone that he'd heard from his mate who knew a guy who swore that Roger Moore had bought a house in Radford, and was living there with Elvis and Lord Lucan.

• Upvote 2

Newstead Abbey or one of the big houses that stand back off the A60 on the way up there, I was told.

I heard it was the A60 somewhere near the Hutt pub, which he frequented, allegedly

"A bloke in the pub told someone that he'd heard from his mate who knew a guy who swore that Roger Moore had bought a house in Radford, and was living there with Elvis and Lord Lucan."

Rubbish! it was Jimi Hendrix and Shergar

He owned a house on Flawforth lane Ruddington and a thatched house t'other side of Loughborough......fact

Rog

I heard he lived near Leicester!

You're all wrong - I know because he rented an attic room from me in my former council house in Lenton.

Reminds me of a chap who joined the RAF in the same intake as me. His name was Jimmy Bond. Of course he got the last the digits of his service number '007'; so when he went on to pay parade his had to call his 'name and last three' "Bond 007, SIR". He stuck it out for about a month before 'buying himself out'. Poor sod.

• Upvote 1

Can't find Alice Walk on my old map. Are you able to give directions please?

Just off David lane Basford overlooking Basford crossings, all the flats,low level and high rise were pulled down in the 80's I think

Roger

That explains things - I can see why Sir Roger would want a flat share in such a sought after development :biggrin: