In 1967 it was well known that he lived in Burton Joyce. We wanted him to open our school sports day on Stoke Lane but he wanted a thousand pounds. We ended up getting Forest footballer Frank Wignall (also of Burton Joyce) for twenty pounds.

Shame that...he could have astounded you with his mastery of facial expressions and his vast knowledge of regional accents. :rolleyes:

He could only play one character...and that was himself.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I lived at Lenton Abbey between 1963 - 1969/70 Which is only a mile or so from Beeston Fields Drive/Bramcote. I even went to Beeston Fields Junior, then Fernwood Secondary School in Wollaton, which is

He came to one of our meet ups once.

Mick might know if this is true, there was a police officer in Nottingham who's number was 100, his surname was Watt. He was very bright.

• 1 year later...

Yes, Bramcote end of Beeston Fields Drive, mid 1960's. He had the property, don't know if he actually lived there.

I lived at Lenton Abbey between 1963 - 1969/70 Which is only a mile or so from Beeston Fields Drive/Bramcote. I even went to Beeston Fields Junior, then Fernwood Secondary School in Wollaton, which is up the road & butts up to Bramcote. Myself & friends heard that Roger Moore either lived in Bramcote, which was just up the road from the Hutt pub, or his Parents lived there & regularly visited the area to see them. Being huge fans as teenagers, we searched for years & never saw him. Then one day (I think it was about 1966/7 - definitely before 1969/70 because I had left home by then), my Mother & Stepfather went to the Priory Pub at the island by Woodside Rd, Lenton Abbey & Wollaton Drive/Parkside/Derby Rd & he came in there & sat next to them & had a drink. He spent about an hour chatting to my Mum & Stepfather & also bought them a drink too. I was really annoyed that they didn't come & get me to meet him - we only lived 5 minutes walk away & they had a car at that. They didn't even get me his autograph. Gutted.

But I don't understand why he says that he has only driven through Nottingham via East Midlands Airport with his wife & called into a pub, which now just happens to be in the next village where I now live, which has an adjacent chocolate factory, that makes Handmade Chocolates & Roger's wife lived them. I myself haven't been there & we drive by regularly - love chocolate & Olde World Pubss, so really must go there.

• Upvote 3

Thank you for reading & enjoying my blog. I have never done anything like this before & I enjoyed reading yours too. Looking forward to reading other people's as well as yours & writing many more myself. It will be interesting to find our what Sir Roger Moore thinks about my blog too.

If he is ever in the area of Diseworth, a mile from East Midlands Airport he is welcome to pop in & I could meet him at last. If he gave me notice (need notice to prepare as I have a Spinal Disability), an old fashioned cream tea served on bone china would be awaiting him & whoever he was accompanied by. Never happen though, but one could wish - how shocked would I be? It would be a dream come true for me.

Echo

x

Rumour has it, he once lived near Newark many years ago

• Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...

If anyone feels like getting a definitive answer, go to the Playhouse on 24th October for "An evening with Sir Roger Moore" and you can ask him if he's lived in Bramcote.

The NEP have reported it, and in their interview they ask if he has been to Nottingham before. His answer is "I think this will be my first visit. Although I’ve whizzed past the motorway junctions to Nottingham many times I’ve only ever come close to visiting when I stopped off for lunch near East Midlands Airport last year."

So much for Cow Lane.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Sir-Roger-Moore-talks-Bond/story-27925228-detail/story.html