That's right tbi......had a Saturday job at fine fare across the road from his house......his wife ( Scottish girl with jet black hair ) use to come in for her weekly shop and us Saturday kids had to carry it home for her ......start of the wag culture !!!!????LOL lazy or what

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I lived at Lenton Abbey between 1963 - 1969/70 Which is only a mile or so from Beeston Fields Drive/Bramcote. I even went to Beeston Fields Junior, then Fernwood Secondary School in Wollaton, which is

He came to one of our meet ups once.

Mick might know if this is true, there was a police officer in Nottingham who's number was 100, his surname was Watt. He was very bright.

It's one of those urban myths that Roger Moore had a house on Cow Lane.

As far as I know there was a guy called Roger Moore who live there, but not the master of eyebrow acting !

Does anyone remember a Spitting Image sketch about when Timothy Dalton took over the 007 role?

They said that he'd been struck down with a stiffness and couldn't move - except for his eyebrow.

He'd got RogerMortis.

I used to see Joe Baker all the time when walking down Bramcote Lane to the shops (around '68).

Re post 79, you probably saw me Barclaycon struggling with wag Sonia ( thanks for the name Dave ) shopping.....the house was really small not like footballers homes today, but madam Baker deffo had an attitude problem so I used to call her MA BAKER ..........

• Upvote 1

Entertainment secretary? - what's the stipend?

#65 &66. Yes he did attend one of our meet-ups, carnie. He thought you were Meryl Streep. I seem to recall you were all gooey-eyed, both shaken and stirred.

• Upvote 1

Joe Baker definitely lived on the corner of Woodbank and Bramcote Lane. I lived on Woodbank from 63 - 69 and again from 73 till 85.

I remember kids outside his home every Sunday morning wanting his autograph.

#84. Oo-la-la, oui, oui, ma Cherie. (Educated Bulwell speak)

#87. Mon dieu, sacre bleu! I 'av zee dropoff!

Ma Cherie I believe Chulla if you're referring to a female. Mon Cherie if you're referring to a male, which I seriously hope you're not !!!!!

• Upvote 1

Well I never fly2...... Fancy you living on woodbank drive...... Me round the corner on Thoresby road ......you deffo must have shopped in fine fare !!!!! gone to town on the E 8 and had your school blazer cleaned at sketchlys ?????

E8 and F5 used to come down Woodbank in those days, or I'd get the 63 on the Vale.

Yes, Fine Fare and the little off licence next door with the old misery guts running it.

• Upvote 1

Trevor, do you remember when the Vale only went as far as the bottom of Arleston Dr. There was a large area of grass there. I used to park my Mr Softee van there overnight as my mum didn't want it on our drive on Woodbank. That would be 68/69. Never any vandalism or theft either. Great days.

• Upvote 1

FLY2...re #92

Remember the area well, very well. However, we left Wollaton in 63 after selling the Shell garage next to the Hemlockstone Pub to the Co-op.

Can't remember any ice cream van parking at the end of the Vale, only the 63 bus that used it as a turn around and terminus.

Hung about with the local boys and did we have fun. The meeting place was directly across the road from the garage at house of one of the fella's - all at that stage were into m/bikes.

Great days indeed...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Four years for an answer ? Welcome aboard MK. (If thats your surname, I wonder if your any relation?).