Not what you might be hoping for. The other day I was driving through Hucknall, near the CoOp on Watnall Road. There was a man walking along who was naked from the waist up ie topless. It was peeing down with rain. This jogged a memory that many years ago in the mid to late 70's when I worked in Bulwell I occasionally used to see a man/youth out and about in the evenings in a bare chested fashion in all weathers even frost & snow. I am pretty sure it was the same bloke. Has anyone else seen him.

There used to be a chap in bulwell that had some sort of allergy and would walk round without a shirt/top. He used to work for the council working outside even in winter without a shirt.

That rings a bell Den, I remember seeing him in the past especially around the market place area, no shirt whatever the weather, wonder if he still works for the council and if so how does he get on with wearing a Hi Vis vest

Rog

Just seen him again. 7am Watnall Road and raining. Realised today he has very large nipple rings and plenty of tatoos. Looks like 2 door knockers. Braver than me with coat and jumper on. I am sure someone in Hucknall will have seen him.

• 6 years later...

I recall way back in the 1950s,  when I was maybe about 5-7 yrs old.  I was walking with my Mum on the left of Bulwell Main Street as you head to the Market from the Hucknall end.  There was a bloke stood there under the awnings, talking to somebody.  He had his arms folded in front and was holding a roughly folded shirt, being stripped to the waist.  I asked my Mum why the man wasn't wearing a shirt and she said he was 'showing off'.

I must be a right old bighead, because I spend much of my time 'topless' and a fair bit even less attired. 

But not in Bulwell Main Street....

• Upvote 1

Passed him couple of days ago on Watnal road Hucknall,,he's now got a ''long grey beard''

I don't know if we are talking about the same man but there was council worker who cut the grass/swept the streets around Strelley/Bilborough , he never wore a shirt whatever the weather.

See him on Watnall Road fairly regularly. He is not as mobile as he used to be, it looks as if his legs give him problems these days. All credit to him though, he keeps going no matter what the weather.

• Like 1

Bloke lives near me off Watnall road in Hucknall who never wears a shirt, he cuts peoples grass & does gardening for them, think his names Trevor, he's in his late 60's so someone says. Very friendly bloke. Puts me to shame with his hard working ways as I'm bone idle if I can get away with it...

• Like 1