On 9/22/2022 at 4:41 PM, Oztalgian said:

I remember Penguin chocolate biscuits. Can you still get them?

I remember the ad on the telly for Peguins.

P-p-p-pick up a Penguin.........

Nowadays you'd have to issue an apology to the National Stutterers Society, with this P.C. world we live in!

• Like 3
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That bit of road takes me back to my Coop days.....security had a small office that backed on to Wollaton street and next to that was a goods delivery place that recessed into the building........

EATING IN THE FIFTIES * Pasta had not been invented. * Curry was an unknown entity. * Olive oil was kept in the medicine cabinet * Spic

Hopefully this shows everything mentioned in the last few posts, including Ben's and Hey Arnold's memories.   Park Place (as in the old photo) is the double-headed arrow, leading out on to P

On 9/23/2022 at 4:20 PM, mary1947 said:

You can still get Penguin biscuits not sure if the kids are thrilled by them like we used to be, never tried both, when you get to one of the meetups you must bring us so samples OZ 

Until I do Mary, you can practice the Tim Tam Slam, here are the instructions...

You need 1 Tim Tam biscuit and a cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate, (You could try a Penguin biscuit)

Take a small bite out of one corner of the biscuit

Take a small bite out of the opposite corner

Hold the biscuit at one of the unbitten corners

Dunk one end of the biscuit into the coffee

Suck really, really hard on the other end of the biscuit until you get the hot coffee in your mouth

Slam the entire biscuit into your mouth and enjoy that hot gooey chocolatey taste

Repeat until you feel physically sick

• Like 1

Some thing went wrong my biscuit has just fell to bits in my coffee,

Must practice.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking through this topic , reminds me of the bread you'd have to bake yourself,  it was called "Take,n,bake " also I remember those delicious Mr Pilsbury doughnuts that came in a Pringle style tube , they were scrummy  when yer mam cooked them , but sadly not many each four a family with 4 hungry kids !!

• 1 year later...
On 9/23/2022 at 4:20 PM, mary1947 said:

You can still get Penguin biscuits not sure if the kids are thrilled by them like we used to be, never tried both, when you get to one of the meetups you must bring us so samples OZ 

Mary, apparently you can get Aussie Tim Tam biscuits at Waitrose and Ocado (whatever that is) for two pounds fifty a packet and you can do your own Tim Tam Slam and a blind test to see which is best. My favourite is Salted Caramel or Double Choc.

They will be available in all major supermarkets soon.

On 10/17/2022 at 2:50 PM, David sheridan said:

Looking through this topic , reminds me of the bread you'd have to bake yourself,  it was called "Take,n,bake

Asda do a version and it's delicious, we have it regularly. Though it loses its crustiness after a day it still tastes good.