2 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

That sounds like an early version of the internet fitness programmes such as Peloton which are advertised all over TV these days.

One of our sons has had a Peloton for about 18 months,  he bought it as a birthday present to himself.  Unfortunately since he bought it he’s had operations on an ankle, a knee and an elbow, to clean out the joints after operations he had years ago when he was playing rugby.  All this time he’s paid a monthly subscription to Peloton.  He makes me so mad, I’m sure he could have cancelled it but he can’t be bothered.  More money than sense, I’ve never been told how much per month it’s costing but I don’t need to know. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The technical coverage of the Rio games is brilliant but I just wish the stupid talking heads would stop calling them heroes. They just happen to be able to run, jump, kick, hit, throw or stand still

I thought that the Olympics was marvellous despite the green diving pool and the threats of Zika virus etc. So many moments to be proud of our athletes and yes, I agree, they are not heroes just very

A Shark alarm at Bondi Beach in Sydney� sent everyone rushing from the water �except for three young boys who didn�'t hear the siren. Onlookers were horrified to see a dorsal fin moving fast towards t

2 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

That sounds like an early version of the internet fitness programmes such as Peloton which are advertised all over TV these days.

Nothing like a Peloton product. They are bike and treadmill orientated. The Rock Stepper is about free dancing.  Peloton are doing a great job by making exercise enjoyable though :cool:  

• 7 months later...

Anyone watching the Olympics? I can't help feeling sorry for Japan investing all that money and no-one allowed to come and watch. There is always the TV or PPV/Streaming services

The leader of the opposition has commandeered the TV and I have attempted to watch it but have now given up far too many adverts and talking heads and not enough sport. What is the coverage like in the UK?

The stupid burghers of Brisbane have won the rights to bankrupt the city for the 2032 games. No one else was dumb enough to put in a bid. 

I hope that the experiences of this year finally puts an end to the "Limp Dick" games for once and all, it has become an obscene money grabbing exercise by those that build the white elephant stadiums and facilities, contract for the services, play mines bigger than yours for extravagent opening and closing ceremonies and leaves the host city in debt for a generation. We will not have paid off the covid debt by then.

It is long past the time to get rid of the self appointed IOC. I wonder too how many medals will be tainted by drug use as the testing regime has been severley curtailed due to covid?

• Like 1

I can happily watch many sports on tv, but athletics - and Olympic things in general - just leave me bored. I’ve never been remotely interested in it and can’t understand the big fuss. I completely ignore the subject and don’t feel that I’m missing anything.

• Like 1

Watched Japan v France ladies judo, sorry, make that watched the ladies roll around the floor competition. There seems to be no sign of the skill level judo is suppose to have. After ten minutes switched off, no idea who won.