Favourite Autumnal Walks in Nottingham!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The area has been a Ghetto for many years, perhaps the council thought the only way to clear this festering mess was to run it down & spread the scum all over Nottm !   Should never have

It angers me to see housing that is only about 40 years old be allowed to get in such a run down condition. Or is this a case of bed tenants ? At least the "old" houses in Meadows lasted mor

This is the West Fork trail in Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona, about 75 minutes away from us. We don't get these colours in our neck of the woods, so have to go a little south to see them. The trail crosses

This is the West Fork trail in Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona, about 75 minutes away from us. We don't get these colours in our neck of the woods, so have to go a little south to see them. The trail crosses Oak Creek about a dozen times, you have to use the stepping stones. It's beautiful in October, this was taken almost 2 years ago.

IMG_6376.jpg

• Upvote 2

:) Absolutely Spiffing photograph Katyjay: 'a glade dappled with light'.

* 'PIED BEAUTY'

'Glory be to God for dappled things

For skies of couple-colour as a brinded cow' .......

Gerald Manley Hopkins (28 July,1844 - 8 June,1889) :)

*My favourite poem of all, when I was a schoolgirl.

• 1 month later...

My favourite autumnal walk seems to be to the shops and back lately!

Loved to walk Colwick park too, had a couple of secret Bluebutton spots as the late Autumn set in, always managed enough for my Sunday brekkie, Hmmm crispy bacon, eggs, bluebuttons what heaven !

Also Bunny woods years ago with mum dad and the old dog.

• 3 years later...
On Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 7:39 AM, Bubblewrap said:

One "walk" I sometimes do is to get off the South Notts bus at Wilford Green & walk through Wilford village over the toll bridge along the Trent embankment to Trent Bridge and up Arkwright Walk then on into the city centre.

P.S. I have been known to walk all the way from Loughborough to the City Centre via the A60(takes about four & a half hours)

Arkwright Walk not much left of it youth?

P1130358_zpssyoprtix.jpg

P1130362_zpscvrug3v7.jpg

P1130363_zpsms7lexaf.jpg

P1130365_zpsvhyl9vvy.jpg

• Upvote 1

It angers me to see housing that is only about 40 years old be allowed to get in such a run down condition.

Or is this a case of bed tenants ?

At least the "old" houses in Meadows lasted more than a hundred years 

Isn't there some of the original meadows still standing nearer Trent Bridge ?

• Upvote 2

I think you are right Bubblewrap.. shite tenants indeed ( an A.M retort )

I lived on Wilford Crescent West..people were decent...but firm!

I cut thru the precinct twice daily and witnessed old folk shoved out..via the council ' transfer' scheme which is their way of moving decent tenants and lumping the chav brigade altogether!

I was always of the opinion that this scheme was a blatant ignoring of rent payers complaints!

Not really Slum/scum.