Hedgehogs Many About?

Hi All

Saw our First Lincolnshire Hedgehog the other day, made me wondered if there are still many about?, use to be a quite few in Arnold and one that use to have his/her little route across a busy road at a set time, quite funny the way the cars use to stop and wait for it to cross the road.

Traffic of today has cut their number down sadly to say.

Shame they cant climb our fence then.

The other day I put down some slug pellets.

Lots of snail and slug cassualties the next morning,

Also Saw other slugs devouring the corpses!

Canibal slugs!

Three conkers, that is such a funny way to describe them, katyjay. When I was sixteen years old I moved from Meadow Lane to Valley Road, Sherwood. My family had lived in a two up, two down with an outside toilet. The house in Sherwood had a bathroom, inside toilet and a garden. One cold night my Mum went to put something in the dustbin and spotted this hedgehog in the garden. Never having seen a hedgehog whilst living in the Meadows she took pity on it and decided to bring it indoors to give it some warmth on such a cold night. It wasn't long before the lounge was covered in fleas with everyone shouting and screaming as the fleas jumped all over them. In the end my Mum got the hoover and hoovered them up. She spent hours in the lounge with the hoover and for years it was a big laugh in family get togethers as we recalled what had happened. Needless to say, she never brought another one indoors...lol