Lincolntrikeride1.jpg

Took a ride up to Waddington this morning,not that far from home but a good hill to climb on my way up there, took this pic of my trike (the jolly Roger) in front of the Falklands war famous Vulcan XM 507.

Lincolntrikeride2.jpg

This one half way down Waddington village hill, overlooking Lincolnshire towards Newark and in the far distance Nottinghamshire.

Lincolntrikeride3.jpg

Nearly back home now, Aubourn Church about 4 miles to go and the sausage cob I promised myself

Hope you enjoy

Rog

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did a "church" ride a couple of months ago, ride through the villages taking pics of their churches, here's the results   Beckingham all saints Claypole,Saint Peters  

The weather didn't look too bad this morning so I got the trike out,filled my drinking bottle with water and put a couple of banana's in the bag and set off for Lincoln,Brayford warfe to be exact,five

Met up with a new friend today who has just moved into the next village to us,I saw him last week when I was riding back home along the cycle/footpath between our two villages,it was then he told me h

No Mick, it's the one at RAF Waddington on the A15, opposite the WAVE cafe, I'm off for a ride with a group of like minded trikers around Draycote water ( Nr Rugby) next Monday but the next time I ride locally I will go to Newark and park outside the air museum there to get another pic of my trike and their Vulcan

Rog

By the way, that should read XM 607 for the Vulcan not 507 that I put

That brings back memories - I used to sail on Draycote Water - many years ago!

• 2 weeks later...

A trike ride today found me heading towards Newark on Trent

Newarktrikeride20121.jpg

Stopped in the market place for a banana and some juice,this is the Butter market

Newarktrikeride20123.jpg

Obligatory photo call at the Castle

Newarktrikeride20124.jpg

Heading homeward now,as the sign says Balderton

Newarktrikeride20126.jpg

Coddington windmill remains, I went through Balderton and Coddington to avoid the hard slog up Beacon hill

Newarktrikeride20127.jpg

Newark air museum and a Canberra aircraft, nearly home now, only 8 miles left

Newarktrikeride20129.jpg

Picked up a slow puncture going through Stapleford woods but managed to get home only stopping the once to inflate the tyre

Hope you enjoy my pics as much as I enjoyed riding to the different venues

Rog

• Upvote 1

:) A wonderful place to explore is Newark, only about 45mins on the super fast and comfy bus from Nottingham Centre.

I visited a few days ago, called in at the Town Hall and was amazed that a Stanley Spencer painting was housed in their Art Gallery.

Funny but I always seem to be bumping into Stanley Spencer masterpieces when I travel to places on my bus pass; last occasion was when I visited Leicester's 'New Walk Museum' and came across Stanley's 'Adoration of the Old Men' - acknowledged truly as one of his greatest masterpieces. Aren't I lucky? :) Well I think I am; I love to look at paintings.

PS: I think Sir Stanley up there has taken a shine to me - hope he has - he must know when I'm coming to visit and so makes sure that the little, old lady with her bus pass has one of his paintings to mull over for a time. Lovely man Sir Stanley; no I'm not potty, hopefully becoming a little more eccentric with the passing years - just like Sir Stanley :)

PS: Plantfit (Rog) sorry for getting carried away a little. Thanks for the colourful pictures, they've inspired me to want to get out on my bike again.

I think Sir Stanley up there has taken a shine to me - hope he has - he must know when I'm coming to visit and so makes sure that the little, old lady with her bus pass has one of his paintings to mull over for a time.

Jackson

If ever I get a bus pass, could I use it to travel to places such as Newark?

And the next time you see her will you be telling the little old lady with the bus pass about Nottstalgia.com?

:) Hi Mick, course you can travel to Newark on your bus pass - when you get it; last year I almost made Nottingham to Mablethorpe on mine - unfortunately the bus services from Newark to Lincoln are staggered, so decided on catching the train, £4 - not bad.

'The little, old lady with the bus pass' is me - as if you didn't know! :biggrin:

PS: Travelling to 'Kings Mill Hospital' tomorrow on my bus pass! I'll look on it as an adventure. :biggrin: (Keep Smiling)

unionflag Hi Rog, that's a lovely photo of your trike in front of 'Coddington Windmill' remains: the sunlight painting the land and a more than gentle breeze brushing thru the high grass.

PS: Love your photo too @ #1 of your trike stopped for a time outside Aubourn Church; a pastoral painting and such a sweeping sky. :)

just bought a bike. first time i've been on one since i was 22. Any ideas of some places that we can drive to and take the bikes for first timers? I dont really want to go on roads till i've got my courage up!!

What about along the canals.

Bike routes run along the side of the canals here. I think it goes from Sawley to Ilkeston?

Keep yer wheels straight though Susyshoes. :)

just bought a bike. first time i've been on one since i was 22. Any ideas of some places that we can drive to and take the bikes for first timers? I dont really want to go on roads till i've got my courage up!!

From Hucknall how about Bestwood Mill Lakes and the country park?

Rutland water.

all lovely ideas thank you. Also my new 'other arf' is from Burton on Trent way and he says Cannock Chase is good but I think a bit closer to home to start with. Thanks for those suggestions....I'll keep you updated!!

As Catfan says, Rutland water, nearly all of it traffic free, good car parks, cafe's and great views, don't forget to stop at the Horse and Jockey for lunch (about halfway round), they do very nice bagguetts and bowls of chips

Rog

If you go to Castle Marina and park near Sainsbury's then you can go down the canal towards Beeston and on to Attenborough and even Sawley. The towpath is now a reasonable surface and if you get to Attenborough there is a nice cafe for tea and a bun. I used to ride this route often before ill health stopped me riding.

Before cycling any canal tow paths you must check to see if you need a permit/license to ride on them. I know Nottingham city council issued them for the canal along Castle blvd and onto Beeston a few years ago, Try riding around Wollaton park and lake to start with, progress onto Bestwood country park, Rufford park, then get really adventurous and have a go at Sherwood Pines,(near Edwinstowe) they have different circuits from beginners to advanced, nice friendly folk as well

Rog