This photo was taken of me about twenty years ago, just got to the top of the hill at Bullbridge near Ambergate after riding from Bulwell, after that we rode to Crich top, Cromford, Matlock Bath, Matlock town, Rowsley and Bakewell, returning along the A6 and A610 back to Bulwell, wish I had the lungs to do it now

P1060411.jpg[/ur

Rog

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did a "church" ride a couple of months ago, ride through the villages taking pics of their churches, here's the results   Beckingham all saints Claypole,Saint Peters  

The weather didn't look too bad this morning so I got the trike out,filled my drinking bottle with water and put a couple of banana's in the bag and set off for Lincoln,Brayford warfe to be exact,five

Met up with a new friend today who has just moved into the next village to us,I saw him last week when I was riding back home along the cycle/footpath between our two villages,it was then he told me h

7 hours ago, IAN FINN said:

Drove up there many times but never biked it beautiful scenery.

Very beautiful around there, always liked the name of the little road off to the left near the top of the climb "Snowdrop Valley",

Rog

• Like 1

Drove up Derbyshire lots all the points of interest Winnets Pass Snakes Pass Tram Musuem Froggats Egde to name a few. During the early 60s i raced a stockcar we travelled to Belle Vue Manchester via the A6 great times. There was snow around Chrich Stand and only rain in Nottingham my parents would not believe me.

• Like 1

I’ve trecked up Winnets Pass and on to Mam Tor from Castleton. I was helping with a troup of Scouts from the High School when my son was a pupil there. It was during a winter’s half term and it was pretty bleak. We stayed at the youth hostel in Castleton in a large communal room. I vowed never to go youth hosteling ever again! My son ultimately left the scouts and joined the much more sensible ‘young engineers’.

I've cycled UP Winnats pass but never had the guts to cycle DOWN it, lungs were in better condition in those days Lol

• Like 1

A friend had a mobile home delivered to the caravan site at Hope near Winnats. It was quite close to the sewage works! He wasn’t very happy about how the delivery firm had levelled it so he got some jacks and a spirit level and inveigled me and another chap to help him get it perfectly level. We followed his instructions and got it trued up to perfection. The next time it rained it leaked like a sieve.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, plantfit said:

I've cycled UP Winnats pass but never had the guts to cycle DOWN it, lungs were in better condition in those days Lol

Rode up it a couple of times in my youth on club runs, on a touring bike with low gears (thankfully!), but attended quite a few hill climb events where riders used fixed wheel bikes with just a front brake. Wouldn’t fancy descending on one of those.

• Like 1

Out on the old Hercules this morning for an hour, bit windy and a spot of drizzle on the way back plus a good head wind but enjoyable all the same, was pleased to get home though

Hercules_restoration_2019_(14).jpg

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've still got a pair of towing mirrors from when we used to go caravanning and I painted roses on them. Used to get a few odd looks from folks. Some caravan club members thought we were travellers.

Bike ride this morning, weather not too bad at least the wind has dropped for a time and it's fairly dry, anyway today it was out on the Raleigh Pioneer (don't know why it's called that because the frame is from Taiwan and the components mainly Chinese, it is only assembled in the UK at Eastwood so in my eyes not a proper Raleigh) anyway enough of my moaning, was a good ride and plenty of people to say good morning to and before anyone asks no I didn't get in the way of any motorists, if a cycle path is there I use it, bike parked up at the side of our village pond

P1090368.jpg

Rog

• Like 1

Can't help but think that it looks very similar to my Dawes Discovery 601 which is also made in Taiwan, or at least the bits are. I wonder if it is the same frame as yours.

More than likely the same frame and components as are a lot of other cycles now days, 

Here's a better picture of it, much prefer an original Raleigh Pioneer made in Nottingham to this cheap copy made in the far east,

P1100211.jpg

Rog

3 hours ago, Beekay said:

@plantfit, how many rideable cycles have you altogether?

(Or perhaps you could open a vintage cycle shop with PP.)

Restored Roy Thame road bike

DSCF3598.jpg

as new Falcon Olympic

Falcon-olympic-classic.jpg

Ladies Swift town bike

New_year_eve_vintage_rides_2021_(3).jpg

and not forgetting my Pavement cycle I found lying in the road

Wales_2011_010_-_Copy.jpg

Rog

as well as the Hercules Gents and the Humber Ladies

• Like 3

All 'proper' bikes though. Mind you, I think you deserve a medal for daring to wear those shorts in public. Respect sir !

17 hours ago, Beekay said:

All 'proper' bikes though. Mind you, I think you deserve a medal for daring to wear those shorts in public. Respect sir !

Shorts only from April to the middle of October every year no trousers unless special occasions

Rog

My turn to serve tea and coffee today down at the village hall so thought I would have a ride down to Bassingham village on my ladies Swift town bike, it's a lovely thing to ride and the gears are just about spaced right, 26x1 3/8 town bike white wall tyres, Brooks saddle and Shimano hub gears

P1100110-2.jpg

Rog

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

A ride out with the river Witham at normal level

P1090352.jpg

And after plenty of rain, the Witham in flood just down the road from where I live

P1090107.jpg

Rog