DSCF3586_zpsdb11e091.jpg

Apart from brake blocks and gear cables I think this is the finished artical, must say I have enjoyed this project, spent a few hours in the bike shed in the evenings and well pleased with the outcome. just need to ride it now, perhaps this weekend weather permitting

Rog

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did a "church" ride a couple of months ago, ride through the villages taking pics of their churches, here's the results   Beckingham all saints Claypole,Saint Peters  

The weather didn't look too bad this morning so I got the trike out,filled my drinking bottle with water and put a couple of banana's in the bag and set off for Lincoln,Brayford warfe to be exact,five

Met up with a new friend today who has just moved into the next village to us,I saw him last week when I was riding back home along the cycle/footpath between our two villages,it was then he told me h

when my younger son lee was a teenager he use to cycle every were had a racing bike did nottingham cycle ride several time but when he started work he stoped but after a year or so said he was thinking about having a bike again funnily about two weeks later i decided to go to play bingo and had a will 500 pounds and a mountain bike some one offered me 50pounds for it i said no i would give it to my son as christmas was comming up so gave it to him he only ued it two or three times probly about 20 miles in total and then decided it was no longer for him so the bike was put into the cellar and covered up 5 years later i decided to sell itas we needed some more room and it was a good bikeas new condision sold it for 125 pounds first person who saw it brought it pluss a second mountain bike that we had that needed a bit of work ie brakes ect got 50 pounds for that one it was comming up to cristmmas and they wanted them for teenage sons they left happy and i was 175pounds better off.

Would be nice if it were a Carlton and I know what you mean about the lugs but the frame is not 501 or 531 Reynolds tubing (mores the pity) I think it's just plain old standard tubing, also the bottom bracket is welded across the underside where Carlton's were straight tubing, You may also notice the brakes are not the right ones for the frame being too short a reach for the wheel rims, I have now finished polishing the original Weinmann center pulls and they look a lot better, unfortunately I left the front brake hanger at work in the de ruster fluid so can't fit that until next week. All cables and gears now fitted and working very smooth, if you are interest in older bikes the websites I get info from is (classic lightweights) and (retro bike) worth a look if only for some of the pictures members have posted, Thanks for the interest Bazza

Rog

• Upvote 1

Not too many recumbant trikes around out here. Would yours be the trike I see going up the A1133 on occasion?

Darkazana,I ride mainly around the Waddington,Newark,Collingham and sometimes out towards Gainsborough area's, not quite sure where the A1133 is, I have seen a couple of trikes on my travels but they have been in the Brant Broughton/Ancaster,Cranwell area's, I always have the flags flying on my trike so if you do see them give me a shout and have a natter.

Bazza, I think most Carltons (made in Worksop Notts) were fitted with Campagnolo groupsets, This frame is fitted with Suntour VX with Weinmann brakes, pretty bog standard stuff really, some of the Carlton frames and especially some of the Italian classic frames are going for silly money over here, starting around the £300-£400 mark

Rog

I'm looking to organise one for end of March or early April. I'll know better when I get back from my jollies as and when as it's all down to SWMBOs shift pattern.

Darkanza, check out my posts number's 27 and 31, going along the A1133, Newark is perhaps a 30 min ride from home ( at the slow pace I travel at) but I get to Collingham by crossing the A46 at Brough or going via Swinderby village and crossing the A46 near Thorpe on the Hill

Rog

Yep, you've passed us Rog. We live in Besthorpe just a short distance before you turn right to Wigsley. Must have been you I have seen. Debs

Darkazana,I ride mainly around the Waddington,Newark,Collingham and sometimes out towards Gainsborough area's, not quite sure where the A1133 is, I have seen a couple of trikes on my travels but they have been in the Brant Broughton/Ancaster,Cranwell area's, I always have the flags flying on my trike so if you do see them give me a shout and have a natter.

Bazza, I think most Carltons (made in Worksop Notts) were fitted with Campagnolo groupsets, This frame is fitted with Suntour VX with Weinmann brakes, pretty bog standard stuff really, some of the Carlton frames and especially some of the Italian classic frames are going for silly money over here, starting around the £300-£400 mark

Rog

Wha ???? I think mine cost less than 50 pounds about 1958.

Yes you're right about the Campag' gears. Mine just had the single chain wheel though with 5 sprockets on the back.Also had Mafac centre pull brakes.

Baz :ninja:

Yes Deb's I know Besthorpe, carried out a few bird surveys for the Notts wildlife trust a couple of years ago around the old quarry workings

Rog

Oh right thats interesting (being a twitcher myself) Often wolk round the reserves. Have you been there since they landscaped it all?

looking good now most is landscaped, keep your eyes open for Widgeon, plenty about, I've still got the site plans somewhere for the Besthorpe site with all the contour lines drawn on them and copies of species lists, must look them out sometime, I will be going down there again in the next couple of months to carry out breeding bird survey, might even go on the trike (kill two birds with one stone as they say)

Rog

I need to get some better binoculars!! I've seen some buzzards (we have a regular pair, who fly their young over when they've fledged), and a barn owl was having a sortie over the newer reserve a couple of weeks ago,but have trouble recognising water fowl or anything smaller at the moment, unless it is in the garden. But I shall keep on looking. Debs