16 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

Well I didn’t go into detail on my post there Rog  but the chap I spoke to happened to be the trike owner’s ‘carer’ and it was parked up outside his house.  No idea why he has a carer (I never saw him) but can only assume his legs work!   

I think all trike owners need a carer. :biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did a "church" ride a couple of months ago, ride through the villages taking pics of their churches, here's the results   Beckingham all saints Claypole,Saint Peters  

The weather didn't look too bad this morning so I got the trike out,filled my drinking bottle with water and put a couple of banana's in the bag and set off for Lincoln,Brayford warfe to be exact,five

Met up with a new friend today who has just moved into the next village to us,I saw him last week when I was riding back home along the cycle/footpath between our two villages,it was then he told me h

1 hour ago, LizzieM said:

but can only assume his legs work!  

And he needs to have working arms for the steering, perhaps he has some balance issues,all the trike riders I ride with are able bodied with the exception of one who has a false arm with an attachment for the steering,besides that trikes are more comfortable than sitting on a narrow hard saddle like on a upright D/F bike plus you always have somewhere to sit when you pull up outside a pub thumbsup

Rog

I know that Phil,but some others aren't,if they don't like my posts or pictures of my hobby,passtime whatever you want to call it,don't read em and don't reply to them,no one forcing them to

Rog

I've never seen anything but good comments PF. Your photos are excellent as are the descriptions of the rides

• Like 1

Why thankyou Brew, I can and do ride an upright  (DF) bike but the recumbent is more comfortable,can carry more stuff and I don't have to worry about balancing the thing when I go really slow up hill,not that there are that many hills around here

Rog

Correct Den or as some recumbent riders call them "Upwrongs" as opposed to "Uprights"

Rog

On 9/23/2018 at 7:10 PM, philmayfield said:

I’ve just remembered - I did restore a 1952 grey Fergie TED tractor a few years ago.

In 1992/3 Ilived next door to a bloke on Orkney who had a grey fergie. We used to go fishing off the Isle of Copinsay and the fergie was used to tow and launch the boat.....axle deep in salt water. I reckon a classic enthusiast would have a dicky-fit at the sight of a 1950 tractor in the sea!

• Like 1

Not registered for road use Rog. I believe I have to contact the owners’ club, Friends of Ferguson Heritage, to help me apply for an age related number plate. I bought it over 20 years ago from a chap at Sutton on Trent with the unfortunate name of Mr. Willey.

Henceforth it’s been known as Willie Fergie. I gather it spent many years at Melton Mowbray cricket club pulling the mower. I usually display it at the annual village open gardens for the kids (and fathers) to sit on but I’m not sure whether we’re opening the wildlife meadow this year as we may be grazing it.

• Like 1

I displayed my Lister ST1 and the junior penny farthing last year, very enjoyable to sit with your restorations and talk to people who are interested

Mrs P talking to her friend at the Bassingham show last year with the penny and the Lister,don't think her friend opened the wine though

P1060835.jpg

Rog

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, plantfit said:

don't think her friend opened the wine though

Not whilst you were looking anyway!!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2017 at 1:48 PM, oldphil said:

Bunneys bikes on Carrington street

Bunney's Bikes is now a very smart trendy London type bar/cafe called Cafe Curio which opened over the weekend, not sure if all beers where  £5.50 a pint? but my round 3 pints £16.50, I had a 5.4% Beavertown Gamma Ray American pale ale, if I had stolen the very smart Beavertown branded pint glass it was served in, I would have got my money back on eBay, fetching good money!   

• Like 1

Saw these guy's when I was out this morning, you don't see a trike for ages then four turn up together

16.04_(10).jpg

Rog

We had an old bloke in the village years ago who used to ride one of those as his normal means of transport, before cycling got taken over by aggressive bearded louts. He was known as Peddler Palmer. He would cycle up to the railway station and get his trike hauled onto the Newark train so he could do his shopping.

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

Always suspicious of guys of that age with beards

Bad experience with santa was it?

Rog

• Upvote 1