13 hours ago, Beekay said:

Are you at risk Rog, when the river is in flood.?

No mate, we must be about eight feet higher than the top of the bank, these pictures were taken a couple of miles from home, problem is the environment agency refuse to clean out the river and it's tributaries because of upsetting the wildlife so the silt and debris block up the river and this is the result

Rog

• Like 1
  • Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did a "church" ride a couple of months ago, ride through the villages taking pics of their churches, here's the results   Beckingham all saints Claypole,Saint Peters  

The weather didn't look too bad this morning so I got the trike out,filled my drinking bottle with water and put a couple of banana's in the bag and set off for Lincoln,Brayford warfe to be exact,five

Met up with a new friend today who has just moved into the next village to us,I saw him last week when I was riding back home along the cycle/footpath between our two villages,it was then he told me h

Another couple of pics for you BK, this time looking downstream from where the last pics was to show how high the river does get

P1090354.jpg

P1090109.jpg

Rog

• Like 1

Thought PP might be interested in seeing the end product of my restoration work,1879 36 inch junior Ordinary cycle, this year at the Heckington vintage and country show, it drew a great crowd of people from all ages

DSCF1151_(2).jpg

Rog

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, PeverilPeril said:

That is brilliant Rog :cool: It had been cluttering up my workshop for 60 + years and so good to see it being appreciated.

It's great when kids ask if they can sit on it at these vintage shows, I have lost count how many times I have held the bike while the kids parents take photo's of them on the bike, they love it

Rog

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, siddha said:

Nice gaff that!! They have a few quid.  Wonder how they made their pile then?

Certainly by not spending it on the poor homeless they had removed from the area in the summer because it was bad publicity for the big house

Rog

Neighbours of mine, the Boudards, who once lived at the Old Vicarage on our lane had some family connection as they also did to the Craven Smith Milnes of Kirlington Hall. Boudard was a chum of Lord Lucan and it was one of the first places the police came to look when he went missing. We still say he lives in the vicarage cellar!

• 3 weeks later...

Set off a bit early today to go to the Hammond hall where it's my turn to serve tea and coffee, a bit frosty on the roads so had to be careful, anyway a round trip to Norton Disney then down Clay lane to Bassingham turn right and right again and I'm nearly at the hall tired, cold knees even though I was wearing jeans and out of breath but it's supposed to be good for you, today I rode my 1934 Humber cycle with shopping basket and child seat, stayed in second gear all the time though, I could have gone straight there along the cycle path just over a mile but as it was I covered nearly five miles by doing a circuit

IMAG0002.jpg

Rog

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

Just a small sample (out of 50) of my Players cigarette card collection. all vintage cycles

s-l1600.jpg

Rog

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Hey Rog, I bet you haven't got this model in your collection.

Coming over Trent Bridge towards West Bridgeford.

Screenshot-20230313-223128-Whats-App.jpg

• Like 1

A few years ago my son and 3 friends decided to go from Lands End to john o'groats the ride was for Marie Curie Cancer Care one of the friends'mum worked at Haywood house City hospital. They all did well and had quite a lot of donations. I will take my hat of to Sir Richard Brandson when then had to take any other roots eg travel on the train with there bikes Sir Richard gave them all free passage,  all the others they had to pay.  I have a lovely photo of them all reaching the destination.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

I'll bet Ben never delivered groceries on anything like those.

Maybe our Ben was the Hovis boy and he's keeping it a secret?

• Like 1

IT was hard work them Hills up Bestwood were steep......Dolly loved riding and giggling in me Basket.....Hovis 'Boy On The Bike' Crowned 'most Iconic' Classic Ad By Brits | The ...

• Like 1

We walked down and up Gold Hill in Shaftesbury a couple of years ago.  At the top is an awful large plastic Hovis model.  Other than that the town doesn’t make the most of its fame.  

39 minutes ago, Beekay said:

I believe there is a holiday let halfway down, with parking space opposite.

I didn’t notice that BK but there’s not a lot of room for parking.

I saw it on Google, Lizzie, but that was a couple of years ago. Can't remember where I read the details though.

Be no good to me now though, Tina would never get up the hill, even with her scooter.

On 3/13/2023 at 10:37 PM, Beekay said:

Hey Rog, I bet you haven't got this model in your collection.

Coming over Trent Bridge towards West Bridgeford.

Screenshot-20230313-223128-Whats-App.jpg

Here you go Barrie, different coloured horses but one I re-branded some time ago

DSCF1959.jpg

Rog

Rog

• Like 2