• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did a "church" ride a couple of months ago, ride through the villages taking pics of their churches, here's the results   Beckingham all saints Claypole,Saint Peters  

The weather didn't look too bad this morning so I got the trike out,filled my drinking bottle with water and put a couple of banana's in the bag and set off for Lincoln,Brayford warfe to be exact,five

Met up with a new friend today who has just moved into the next village to us,I saw him last week when I was riding back home along the cycle/footpath between our two villages,it was then he told me h

Not mine mate , the first picture is at Ashby Magna vintage show, you can see my bikes at the back of the row, the other two pictures are at the Lineside vintage show near Boston, I was showing my bikes there but they aren't in the pictures

Rog

Beekay was my mentor with posting photos bless him.

• Like 2

New semi slick tyres fitted today, a lot easier to pedal now, much better than the aggressive knobbly off road tyres not much point having mountain bike tyres out here, there's no mountains

DSCF2053.jpg

DSCF2054.jpg

Rog

Went into Lewes last Saturday to check out a slow puncture on my front o/s tyre. Finished up like you Rog., two new tyres and £320.00 lighter.

Incidentally,  you say 'no mountains in Lincs. I've got a mate who bought he and his wife posh mountain bikes,...and he lives in Norfolk fens.

• Like 1

Came down there on my 1937 Hercules with drum brakes Phil, not one of my best ideas, put the brakes on halfway down and the bloody thing picked up speed, only just managed to get round the right hander at the bottom and I didn't have to pedal again till I got to where the old railway crossing was, phew

Waddo_ride_(4).jpg

Rog

• Like 1

Cost a bit more than Mine Barrie, £320 wow, still best be safe than sorry mate

Rog

• Like 1
17 hours ago, plantfit said:

New semi slick tyres fitted today, a lot easier to pedal now,

Swapped the knobblies on the Trek for a pair of Continental double fighters - urban tread but small raised sections at the edge for the odd foray onto loose stuff. Combined with a  smaller crank makes it easier for this arthritic old git to make reasonable progress!

• Like 2

If your'e not riding through mud or loose material why would you want knobblies, good move to swap them for semi slicks Oldphil, keep on riding

Rog

• Like 1
On 3/29/2023 at 6:57 PM, philmayfield said:

Navenby Hill?:biggrin:

Sorry Phil I got mixed up with the hills, you mentioned Navenby hill and I replied about Harmston hill, I have been down Navenby hill many times on my trike and that was exciting to say the least, once again no pedalling down the hill until I got to that small hump back bridge near the old Navenby rail station a good half mile away if not a bit further

Rog

• Like 1

Could hardly walk up it, had to keep stopping to get my breath back, I think it took five stops to get to the top of Harmston hill pushing the bike, bloody lungs

Rog

There you go Rog., now if you'd put one of your little Lister engines on your bike/trike you would have no trouble getting up hills. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I have rode upto Leadenham  but from Welbourn on my way to Grantham, I was on the trike then and it was a great ride, really enjoyed that one, also the trike ride to Southwell through Newark and Upton was nice

DSCF3783.jpg

Rog

I thought I had been riding for a long time but never thought I'd gone this far

Sept_23_trike_ride_(5).jpg

Rog

• Like 2

just used the pedestrian refuges then the road through Kelham, I rode the path down there past the rugby club but the rest of the trip was on the roads, coming back was interesting riding up the A46 round the showground roundabout and straight on until Brough lane turn off then onto Stapleford wood and back home

P1060200.jpg

Rog

Looks like you turned your handlebars upside down like a lot of us did back then, gave a more aerodynamic feel to the bike, great picture CT thanks for sharing

Rog