Something to do with the motor ratings or sommat, I don't really know but you see quite a few speeding around Newark with no helmet and no regard for pedestrians

Rog

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did a "church" ride a couple of months ago, ride through the villages taking pics of their churches, here's the results   Beckingham all saints Claypole,Saint Peters  

The weather didn't look too bad this morning so I got the trike out,filled my drinking bottle with water and put a couple of banana's in the bag and set off for Lincoln,Brayford warfe to be exact,five

Met up with a new friend today who has just moved into the next village to us,I saw him last week when I was riding back home along the cycle/footpath between our two villages,it was then he told me h

On 8/11/2023 at 2:32 PM, plantfit said:

...the rear mech (changer) doesn't move as I expected it stay in the same position, the crank spindle is in the same plane the oval chainwheel has about an inch deviation from centre so you expect the rear mech arm to move back and forth with the chainwheel, I think I need to do some more investigating

Rog

I think regardless of shape or rotational position of the chainwheel, there will always be half the teeth (19 in this case) from top centre to bottom centre.  Near enough constant length of chain wrapped and no appreciable motion in the mech arm.

• Like 1

Thats the conclusion I came to as well, same amount of chain wrapped around the chainwheel, It's a bit hard to explain but it does feel easier to pedal with an oval chainring helping to get over the "dead area" as it's called in the bicycling science book, thanks for the input Engineer good to have my thoughts confirmed

Rog

• 2 weeks later...

Nice ride out this morning just under ten miles, blue sky and no wind,

Maize fields near Thurlby

DSCF2364.jpg

River (upper) Witham

DSCF2366.jpg

Bassingham Bull carving

DSCF2367.jpg

Rog

• 5 weeks later...

about ten miles today, spent a lot of my time watching the Red Arrows practicing, anyway got up towards Boothby Graffoe before heading back to Linga Lane Bassingham 

DSCF2481.jpg

DSCF2482.jpg

A few people walking along the shared cycle/footpath with their heads buried in their mobile phones, don't think they heard me ringing my bell because of some of the comments from them, "wow didn't you see me" and "you need to look where you're going" couldn't be bothered to give them an answer so I'll let them reflect on their day, anyway enjoyed the ride and the fresh air

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Ride down to the river Witham this morning, a bit different to when I rode past the other week, pictures taken from the same spot

DSCF2361.jpg

DSCF2490.jpg

Fortunately the water level had gone down a bit from yesterday because the road was flooded but noit today

Rog

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Thats about as far as I could get this morning, road between my place and Stapleford village flooded so is the road between me and Norton Disney so it was a five mile circular ride around the local lanes that were passable

03-01-4.jpg

Rog

• Like 1

My wife came back from collecting the papers from the box up the village (she picks them up for others as well) to collect her wellies as Main St. was flooded. I took her back in our 4x4  and saw the ‘road closed’ signs. I drove slowly past a few dithering drivers, she picked up the newspapers and we returned to distribute them. She’s now gone to the village hall where a few ladies ‘of a certain age’ meet for tea and a chat on Wednesdays. All were determined to get there come hell or floodwaters. These ladies are not softies. ‘The Bulldog Spirit!’ Technically we’re isolated at the moment by flooding but we’ll cope even if I have to shoot the ducks on our newly formed lake.

• Like 2