Best and worst seaside resorts

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All these people with their posh holidays looking down their noses at good old Nottingham by the Sea. We had an old caravan on the Walsh site on Roman Bank of which I have the fondest  childhood memor

Will be celebrating my birthday at Epton's. I know how to have a good time !!

benj, Trunch Lane is at Chapel, or at least it was in the 60s. I couldn't tell you where it starts and ends though, and no idea what the site was called that we stayed in. I know it got a bit cramped

15 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Our second son arrived in 1979 and we had no intention of going on holiday with a new baby but our neighbours persuaded us to have their caravan in Mundesley, Norfolk for a week.  We weren’t at all bothered about going as the baby was only a few weeks old, too much hassle, but felt we should accept their kind offer 

We went on holiday with my mum and dad in a caravan at Chapel St Leonard's in July 1969 when our second son was only 2 months old (and son number one was just 2).   It was a good holiday for us as my parents helped with the children so Paul and I were able to have a bit of time to ourselves..... quite relaxing.

I remember this holiday clearly as it was when the moon landing (allegedly) happened and we listened on a portable radio in the caravan.  I remember my dad looking out at the moon and saying:  "Never!  I don't believe it"

• Like 2