World's shortest scheduled air route

Papa Westray Airport (IATA: PPW, ICAO: EGEP) is located 22 NM (41 km; 25 mi) north of Kirkwall Airport onPapa Westray, Orkney Islands, Scotland.[1] The facility is best known for being one of the two airports joined by the shortest scheduled flight in the world, a leg ofLoganair's inter-island service, to Westray Airport. The distance is 2.8 km (1.7 mi), the scheduled flight time, including taxiing, is two minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxAxdWe9FSo

I have flown Plattsburg, NY to Burlington, VT - about 12 miles! I don't think they offer it anymore!

• 1 month later...

Or if you are unlucky enough to sit in front of a toddler that the decides ot allow to jump up and down on the tray table on the back of your seat. Worth paying for business class to exclude the great unwashed...!

• 2 weeks later...

We flew from Nr Galway, Ireland to Inishmore (One of the Arran Islands) , at the time they said they were the shortest scheduled airline , any way obviously it's not , as it's nearly 10 miles !

But (I kid you not ) They still managed to lose our luggage !!!!

Many years ago, United offered a flight from Oakland to San Francisco - a distance of EIGHT miles! I believe the fare was about $25! It was VERY popular with folks trying to boost their frequent flyer miles as United had a minimum of 1,000 miles per flight! I believe it was discontinued after they figured that out!

Now to fly between those two cities takes over four hours - you have to fly through LA, Portland or Phoenix!