Favourite Perfume/s or Smell

Must admit BRUT was a favourite of mine, not for me of course.  Strangely enough whenever I’ve seen it on the shelves at the ‘bargain stores’ in recent years it reminds me of the Playhouse Bar in the early 70s.  There must have been a fanciable young man in there wearing it  .........  wonder where he got to?! 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the fanciable young man wearing Brut was about 6feet 4, super fit and in looks was a cross between Terence Stamp in Far from the Madding Crowd and Robert Redford in Butch Cassidy then you may recog

#53   The smell of lilac always reminds me of the tree at the bottom of the garden when I was a child. We used to make "perfume" by pulling some of the bracts apart and shaking them up in a

They say that smells and sounds are some of the main triggers of memories. Some that take me back are :- The smell of the cheeses when you went into the Co-op grocery department - Going into the

I've mentioned my favourite smells upthread.

The worst male 'fragrance' by a country mile has to be Issey Miyake.

I call it 'Pissy Miyake because to me it smells exactly like stale pee in a badly maintained Gents Toilet.

I love the smell of a steam locomotive. The hot sulphurous smell in the cab from the firebox and the smoke from the chimney are wonderful.

21 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Must admit BRUT was a favourite of mine, not for me of course.  Strangely enough whenever I’ve seen it on the shelves at the ‘bargain stores’ in recent years it reminds me of the Playhouse Bar in the early 70s.  There must have been a fanciable young man in there wearing it  .........  wonder where he got to?! 

Hmm. I used to spash on Brut 33 and I hung out in the mid-70s Playhouse Bar!!

• Upvote 1

Didn't the Playhouse bar have coffee dispensers at this time, you could grab as many milk & sugar sachet's as you wanted?

Wasn't  the seating, in the theatre also retractable? ;)

5 hours ago, HSR said:

Didn't the Playhouse bar have coffee dispensers at this time, you could grab as many milk & sugar sachet's as you wanted?

Wasn't  the seating, in the theatre also retractable? ;)

The Playhouse Bar is/was separate from the theatre. I don't recall any freebie dispensers, just rows of bottles and some above-average seating. But my memory is hazy!

If the fanciable young man wearing Brut was about 6feet 4, super fit and in looks was a cross between Terence Stamp in Far from the Madding Crowd and Robert Redford in Butch Cassidy then you may recognise me.

I regularly stood next to him.

• Like 6